By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

The Official "We Want More F2P Content" Thread

By January 12, 2007, 18:43:19
The original topic was closed to maintain optimal performance of the Forum.

You can find it here.
__
Here is the first post on the original thread:

You may post your arguments about adding content to the F2P area in this thread.
Any other threads that ask for increases to the F2P area, complain about quests or professions that are P2P only, make arguments for more F2P content will be deleted
Please keep your posts civil and keep in mind that Ankama Studios has officially stated that they have no plans to increase the F2P area any time in the near future.
There is no chance whatsoever than Dofus will become completely F2P or advertising-funded.
Please make sure that you read The Rules of this forum.

-Originally posted by Wishdragon
0 -1
Reactions 965
Score : 43

I dunno how Dofus expect to make money when people cant even get on to learn the game...English speakers anyway...Why Rushu? Why not any of the french servers? Iuno about any1 else, but not being able to get on the game makes you not wanna play at al wink

0 0
Score : 1614
Citation
juang :
I have waited 2 weeks and still no f2p.
I am a 132 sadida. I left my equip on a diff character overnight because of Pod issues and moveing things around.
Now i cant even get my frekin equips back becuase there is no f2p anymore.

So you have a pay character and a F2P one. And you were muling the other account for pods. uh huh.
Citation
Not only is that outrageing but f2p is also a vital part of the dofus economy.
It brings more people to get interested in the game.
If they know that its only p2p then whos going to want to try it out.

There is F2P on other servers.
Citation
you tell me.

Just did.
0 0
Score : 8167
Citation
juang :

Not only is that outrageing but f2p is also a vital part of the dofus economy.
It brings more people to get interested in the game.
If they know that its only p2p then whos going to want to try it out.

Rosal is the default server -- Has been ever since it was made, I believe -- Anyone starting the game, will not know about Rushu, right away.

While I'd like like f2p's too be able too log-in on Rushu -- They fear that it would only cause strif. See, there's a balance -- F2p's = resources for scrolls needed - or at least - desired -- Thing is, they also cause DCing, and lag, so I'm told.

• CatO--
0 0
Score : 240

I would like to officially complain that cutting of f2p players in Rushu, and the trade chat have ENTIRELY destroyed the Rosal economy in under a week's time. Hundreds of times a day I am confronted with "hahaha, 60kk? i can get that for 15kk! noob" and i reply with "you came from Rushu didn't you..." of course we all know the answer.

Look, the fact of the matter is right now, is that things have gotten 10 times as scarce in Rosal, because its now 1000 f2pers for every p2per... I wish, beyond hope, that something could be done to fix this. Also, the trade chat has allowed these Rushu characters to come over and offer things at 1/4 their normal price, destroying the value of everything in my inventory... I find myself selling the stuff I am currently wearing, in an effort to not lose a TON of money. At least I didnt use my Leek Pie... At least I can salvage that.

But on top of all this.... TRADE CHAT NEEDS TO GO ... All the swearing, the "selling p2p!", the lag, the spamming, the extreme drop in prices... I honestly cannot see a good in it. Now, see, a GOOD idea, would be, instead of having a trade chat (now i dont know if trade chat only advertizes in your region, but i assume it does) having a local announce, that "shouts" your message, 2-3 screens away in every direction. This would solve the problem, and still keep a speedier means of selling/buying merchandise. I also believe there should be a selling and a buying chat, of different colors.

Lemme know what you think of my ideas.

Oh, another thing. Let us mine kobalt stone... Please, pretty please? That one's just down right unfair... And let us gain experience on our professions past level 30, but not gain a benefit from them. aka, no 5 slots, no 6 slots, no anything over 64%, but we can still progress...

0 0
Citation
Kippei-chan :
I would like to officially complain that cutting of f2p players in Rushu, and the trade chat have ENTIRELY destroyed the Rosal economy in under a week's time. Hundreds of times a day I am confronted with "hahaha, 60kk? i can get that for 15kk! noob" and i reply with "you came from Rushu didn't you..." of course we all know the answer.

If only there was a way to turn it off. By going on that channel you know that you have to expect stupidity.
Citation
Look, the fact of the matter is right now, is that things have gotten 10 times as scarce in Rosal, because its now 1000 f2pers for every p2per.

And now you know what the Rushu P2P people had to deal with.
Citation
I wish, beyond hope, that something could be done to fix this. Also, the trade chat has allowed these Rushu characters to come over and offer things at 1/4 their normal price, destroying the value of everything in my inventory...

Ummm how is that done. There is no transfer of items/accounts/banks from server to server. Everyone is in the same boat in Rosal. The items that have been dropped there are from that server. So yeah if someone is undercutting you then undercut them. Remember again the items they sell they got FROM the Rosal server.
Citation
I find myself selling the stuff I am currently wearing, in an effort to not lose a TON of money. At least I didnt use my Leek Pie... At least I can salvage that.

Sound like a lot of woe here. See they did not farm this from the Rushu server and bring it over.
Citation
But on top of all this.... TRADE CHAT NEEDS TO GO ... All the swearing, the "selling p2p!", the lag, the spamming, the extreme drop in prices...

Swearing and such yeah. Lag is solved by turning it off, Spamming turn it off, drop in prices you have to deal with.
Citation
I honestly cannot see a good in it. Now, see, a GOOD idea, would be, instead of having a trade chat (now i dont know if trade chat only advertizes in your region, but i assume it does) having a local announce, that "shouts" your message, 2-3 screens away in every direction. This would solve the problem, and still keep a speedier means of selling/buying merchandise. I also believe there should be a selling and a buying chat, of different colors.

Possible but you would still have the same issues in places.
Citation
Oh, another thing. Let us mine kobalt stone... Please, pretty please? That one's just down right unfair... And let us gain experience on our professions past level 30, but not gain a benefit from them. aka, no 5 slots, no 6 slots, no anything over 64%, but we can still progress...

You can still gain xp for when you go P2P. You wont get them to change it because them it would cause people to mule more chanacters and cause more free bots.
0 0
Score : 4680

give Rushu back to f2p >tongue
im getting bored in rosal.

0 0
Citation
Lowhunter :
give Rushu back to f2p >tongue

When did it belong to F2P?
Citation
im getting bored in rosal.

So pay then ohmy)
0 -1
Score : 240

Bip... First off, lag is not solved by turning it off by any means... lag affects the entire server because of the existance of that chat... I seem to recall f2ps being banned from rushu at... OH! the introduction of the trade chat... Hmm. Second off, I may be able to turn it off, but kids/noobs arent that bright, will still be scammed, will still be subjected to all the ill happenings on the channel. Guess you thought this one out well.

Citation
You can still gain xp for when you go P2P. You wont get them to change it because them it would cause people to mule more chanacters and cause more free bots.

you didnt read a word i said... I said allow us to level beyond 30, but not let us use any of it... cap us at the 64% and the 4slots for crafting, but let the xp not go to waste... Geez..
Citation
Ummm how is that done. There is no transfer of items/accounts/banks from server to server.

Uh, see, when i said, what preceeded this, I meant for you to read it, and infer meaning from it. What I said/meant, was that because those coming over, are use to the lower prices, however they may obtain merchandise (ie. trading, fighting), they are going to sell it cheaper, and expect it to be sold cheaper.

I love people who have ignorant remarks... You just had a bone to pick with me and wanted to make yourself sound to everyone reading this, right. Congradulations, you failed. Try conceding some thoughts of your own, rather than attempting to knock others'.
0 0
Citation
Kippei-chan :
Bip... First off, lag is not solved by turning it off by any means... lag affects the entire server because of the existance of that chat... I seem to recall f2ps being banned from rushu at... OH! the introduction of the trade chat... Hmm. Second off, I may be able to turn it off, but kids/noobs arent that bright, will still be scammed, will still be subjected to all the ill happenings on the channel. Guess you thought this one out well.

Hey Kippers. Ok so to turn that then bad and nasty things can happen on any channel. Also I am on 2 paid accounts on a old laptop while at the laundry. I still don't have lag. If this duct tape special does not lag then it is not the game. And yes there is less lag with no free players. And Kids/Noobs not being bright. If someone does not read what is shown then that is no one's fault but their own. You scroll over the box and it explains it. You read the forums and the scam threads are there. Oh and even if there are not other channels but the black text...people will still be scammed.
Citation
you didnt read a word i said... I said allow us to level beyond 30, but not let us use any of it... cap us at the 64% and the 4slots for crafting, but let the xp not go to waste... Geez..

No No I read it. and your greedy. You can earn xp for when you go p2p. Thats the ONLY reason your allowed to gain the more xp. Deal with what you have with the free part. You want more pay for more.
Citation
Uh, see, when i said, what preceeded this, I meant for you to read it, and infer meaning from it. What I said/meant, was that because those coming over, are use to the lower prices, however they may obtain merchandise (ie. trading, fighting), they are going to sell it cheaper, and expect it to be sold cheaper.

Ok your horrid wording aside. Transfers are bad for business and wont be done. There is no reason for it.
Citation
I love people who have ignorant remarks... You just had a bone to pick with me and wanted to make yourself sound to everyone reading this, right. Congradulations, you failed. Try conceding some thoughts of your own, rather than attempting to knock others'.

I love free people who are not grateful for what they have. You have shown what type of free player that you are. You have what you have. You can change it by paying. If you choose not to pay then your requests are really low on the scale. Again you attempting to sound right by saying my opinions are invalid...well its just silly.
0 0
Score : 92
Citation
Kippei-chan :
First off, lag is not solved by turning it off by any means... lag affects the entire server because of the existance of that chat... I seem to recall f2ps being banned from rushu at... OH! the introduction of the trade chat... Hmm.

This looks to me like the F2P-ers were taken into consideration, and deemed to be the potential cause of more lag with the introduction of Trade Chat.
Citation
Second off, I may be able to turn it off, but kids/noobs arent that bright, will still be scammed, will still be subjected to all the ill happenings on the channel.

Andyou think kids and Noobs would no longer be scammed if the channel didn't exist? And the "Ill happenings" could happen on any chat channel. Hell, "Ill Happenings" could occur at the bank, or in a workshop or sellroom. Don't pretend to have the Noobs' best interest at heart. (Hmm, Ill Happenings, sounds like a Beastie Boys album. I like it)
Citation
I said allow us to level beyond 30, but not let us use any of it... cap us at the 64% and the 4slots for crafting, but let the xp not go to waste... Geez..

The XP doesn't go to waste. Ankama has decided that F2P doesn't go beyond 30, just like it decided that people who actually support themby paying don't level beyond 200 (100 for crafting). Think of it as part of the game. If Ankama decides otherwise, You'll be the second to know. (and somehow I suspect First to complain that F2P wasn't given MORE)
Citation
What I said/meant, was that because those coming over, are use to the lower prices, however they may obtain merchandise (ie. trading, fighting), they are going to sell it cheaper, and expect it to be sold cheaper.

It's called "Shopping around". It's the reason a lot of people refrain from buying from the first Merchant Mode character they find with an item they like. You learn that Shopping around is required on Dofus the first time you pay for something, just to find it for half the price on another character. Oh, and boasting about the price you bought whatever for is considered tacky in Real Life, consider it similar in Dofus.
Citation
I love people who have ignorant remarks...

And I love having a official topic specifically for F2P players who want something more for nothing. Makes it easier to ignore.
Watch me do so.
0 0
Score : 79
Citation
Kippei-chan :
Oh, another thing. Let us mine kobalt stone... Please, pretty please?

That actually sounds like a good idea. Is mining the only gathering job that CAN'T get everything up to 30 for free players? Don't know about fish and only used hunting for a bit and didn't get that far. They can always replace a few of the tin spots in the Astrub mine for kobalt. If they put in a lumber mill for lumberjacks, why not some kobalt fo miners?
0 0
Citation
Sistine :
Citation
Kippei-chan :
Oh, another thing. Let us mine kobalt stone... Please, pretty please?

That actually sounds like a good idea. Is mining the only gathering job that CAN'T get everything up to 30 for free players? Don't know about fish and only used hunting for a bit and didn't get that far. They can always replace a few of the tin spots in the Astrub mine for kobalt. If they put in a lumber mill for lumberjacks, why not some kobalt fo miners?

Because the mines are full enough with people who pay as it is.
0 0
Score : 5166

My only problem with the removal of f2p is that now I can't introduce anyone new to the game (or while the f2p are gone I can't anyways)..

I reckon you should be f2p on rosal and when you pay, you have the option of moving your fella to rushu or something like that. I dun know. But lack of f2p on Rushu tends to kill the economy. But it also gets rid of all the groups of 6-7 12 year olds running around Astrub with level 12 ecaflips who ask you to train them and then all cast roullette. >=[

Also, as a loyal p2per, I'd have to say, if they gunna add more f2p content, well, I want more p2p content wink Bit unfair for those of us who pay don't get benefits for our dollar, when people who are sick of running around in Astrub but refuse to pay get more.

Saying "I don't have money to pay" is not really an excuse. Approx $6 (AUD) per month is nothing. I was working when I wasa 15 and had $6/month to spare and before that I was getting pocket money which was more than $6/month... If you got a computer and the internet, then reduce you net plan to the one lower, download 10GB less per month, and spend the extra money on a Dofus subscription =D

0 0
Score : 578

its not the problem of paying the money... i just don't have any ability to use paypal or anything... if i could just stick the money into the computer i would. Anyway plz make like the gobbal dungeon f2p... XD There just seem to be too many gobbal keys flying everywhere!!

0 0
Score : 5166
Citation
qreek :
its not the problem of paying the money... i just don't have any ability to use paypal or anything... if i could just stick the money into the computer i would. Anyway plz make like the gobbal dungeon f2p... XD There just seem to be too many gobbal keys flying everywhere!!

There are more ways than pay pal to pay. You can bank transfer =P

And good God, don't make the gob dungeon p2p.. f2pers got the Daisy Dungeon!
0 0
Citation
LecterLives :
Citation
qreek :

There are more ways than pay pal to pay. You can bank transfer =P

Check/Money order. You have cash then there are ways.
Citation
And good God, don't make the gob dungeon p2p.. f2pers got the Daisy Dungeon!

Which was more than enough.
0 0
Score : 347

As much as F2P's want more area it aint goner happen unless you want to start paying for the servers and other expenses all by yourself.

0 0
Score : 2051
Citation
afrobeet :
As much as F2P's want more area it aint goner happen unless you want to start paying for the servers and other expenses all by yourself.

Correct. If you were in charge of your own server, would you:
A. Have people pay to host it and in return, give them benefits for their services
B. Have it come from your own pocket, leaving people happy, but you will need to work 3 jobs and live in a cardboard box forever.

Choose.
0 0
Score : 128

I am a f2p'er and I am fine with it the way it is, except for one thing..I don't like that you added to Astrub, yet made the area p2p only. (I'm talking about the new Rocky Inlet) ..Astrub is supposed to be "THE" place for f2p'ers. I don't see why you would do that, it just makes everything that much more confusing to new players and even experienced players such as myself. I know I ran as fast as I could over to the Rocky Inlet as soon as I downloaded the BitTorrent file of the new update...only to be totally and utterly disapointed by the "red hand".

So in conclusion, I really think you should make ALL of Astrub f2p...it's not like you're depriving p2p'ers from anything...they still have access to it. Besides, I really think we could use some new monsters/dungeons in f2p :-)

I also think pets should be f2p!!! lololol JP!! biggrin

0 0
Respond to this thread