FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Still forced to choose an Alignment reguarding professions, and I don't like it.

By breathehope February 10, 2007, 17:41:06

I was so happy to hear when Ankama decided to remove rank requirements on high level equipments when this was forcing players to be active in PVP. I never wanted to do PVP, and was happy they made that change, it made the game far more enjoyable for me, who was wanting some peace.

So I started some characters on Rosal recently, worked hard to get to level 100 miner, and I am still forced to choose an alignment to get level 100 Ore. I want to stay neutral and not be forced to choose an alignment to get ore at level 100, when I worked hard to get there.

Please think about providing a neutral area remote mine with maybe few dolomite and etc. Or allow neutral players to enter Pandala areas, because I am not going to choose an alignment. (sigh) Just an idea. Those who get to level 100 professions shouldn't have to worry about an alignment for resources.

Thanks for hearing our my opinion. Cheers. smile

0 0
Reactions 19
Score : 280

I've heard it is possible to sneak into the elemental Pandala areas during contention battles if you are neutral because the gates actually open during this time. Try befriending some aligned people and ask them to notify you when the Pandala you need is being attacked then try to get in the gate during the attack. Don't be surprised if you get agressed though and no Knight will come to help you there.

Edit:
You don't actually have to mine lvl 100 ore, although that is the only real benefit of being a lvl 100 miner. Also, you could go and get aligned to whatever alignment has control of it most of the time and not ever put your wings up or participate in PvP. I aligned Bonta months ago just to get access to better sellrooms (you had to be aligned to use city potions at the time) and haven't actively participated in PvP at all.

0 0
Score : 297

Here's the thing.

I know you can sneak in when a battle occurs, but this doesn't have too often with the fire pandala on Rosal which is where the ore is. I have been waiting for this to happen, haven't yet to see it yet. My other character is bonta, so I'm watching for it.

Secondly, it's always been brak, and I hate the brak sellrooms. So I won't be become brak just to get ore when is affects my overall game-play. You don't need an alignment to use city potions anymore and if I become brak, how can I sell in bonta? It's a waste of my time and worry when I don't even wanna deal with alignment.

I need the level 100 ore, because I am also a jeweler. That's the whole point of being a level 100 miner! xD. Surely someone can understand where I am coming from. I guess I can buy the ore, but when you're level 100, why should I have to?

0 0
Score : 489

i know it is not a good suggestion to swallow but if you get aligned mine alot of ore to cover alignment costs then unalign yourself that is an option... though i am with you... cause i want to harvest rice and don't really want to be aligned to get it....

0 0
Score : 3847

ok here is the deal. So people who dont want to play a major part of the game they took away the rank reqs for equips. Well that bothered me but meh whatever. But now you also want them to take away the WHOLE POINT of fighting over territories? Is this an RPG or just lets all go kill AI monsters? without the RP element or even the point of taking over cities no one would bother. Hence the resources located in ONLY this area. Dopple land has dopple stones, Impsvillage has the imp carrier and the Fairyworks spot. and Pandala has dolomite, silicate, Bambo, dark Bamboo, and rice. thats part of the game. there is nothing wrong iwth having an alt who is bonta to put things in sellersroom and jhaving a brak miner. just keep your wings hid and try not to be there when bontas are attacking.

0 0
Score : 489
Citation
Buggabug :
ok here is the deal. So people who dont want to play a major part of the game they took away the rank reqs for equips. Well that bothered me but meh whatever. But now you also want them to take away the WHOLE POINT of fighting over territories? Is this an RPG or just lets all go kill AI monsters? without the RP element or even the point of taking over cities no one would bother. Hence the resources located in ONLY this area. Dopple land has dopple stones, Impsvillage has the imp carrier and the Fairyworks spot. and Pandala has dolomite, silicate, Bambo, dark Bamboo, and rice. thats part of the game. there is nothing wrong iwth having an alt who is bonta to put things in sellersroom and jhaving a brak miner. just keep your wings hid and try not to be there when bontas are attacking.

i hate to say it but. i am lazy so unless there is something pushing me to do something then i don't .... as is sits now the only reason to be bontarian is for the market cause lets face it. they can't hold a territory to save their life. but their markets are usually really good (for some odd reason). and the reason the be brakmarian is for the territory because once again lets face it.. they always have the territory but there markets arn't that great (once again very odd... considering that they control the resources = ). so what do people do..... they either stay neutral OR they have a bont for selling and a brak for harvesting. heck even several guilds have many of both alignment in the guild with the unwritten rule that you never attack a fellow guilemate. with that said we have already removed much reason for alignment. is it good? i don't know. nor for me to tell

but, unless another third party comes in to give a reason to truely want to be one side or the other and be pround of it i will have little reason to want for one or the other. now if they get a few additional gm's on the server and the gm's prod the sides to make a good reason for this imaginary "war" then i will be more than glad to participate. but in the meanwhile i would rather harvest in peace..

but that is me and my lazy ways... oh well..... sorry for the confused post. i am kinda tired
0 0
Score : 5165

Frankly, you just don't want to commit to a side =P

Be it becoming a loser Brak (sorry, had to get the stab in) or a champion Bont! There are many advantages to being either alignment, imp carrier, use of the dojos, harvesting rare resources, discounts at the markets....

If you want the resources, go buy some! If you don't want to commit, or buy, then live without.

I think the whole idea is to go "OOooOO, I really need some rice right now, but Braks control the territory" so you get your boys together and go take the territory. If you're neutral, you miss out on the stuff you want. But you gain the advantage of not getting aggressed (trust me, this is a big thing, I've had 3 pets killed by aggressors, and I've become a ghost once). You also get access to both Brak and Bont markets, which is bloody awsome. I been hunting a larva hat for a real long time, couldn't find it in Bonta, but I was able to find one in Brakmar (didn't matter at the time, cause I didn't have the cash on me, but you can see what I mean)

You don't see alignments whinging about the fact that they can't get into Brakmar without getting aggressed by the guards do you?????

You've picked your side, neutral non-committer! Now live with it!

0 0
Citation
LecterLives :
Frankly, you just don't want to commit to a side =P

Be it becoming a loser Brak (sorry, had to get the stab in) or a champion Bont! There are many advantages to being either alignment, imp carrier, use of the dojos, harvesting rare resources, discounts at the markets....

If you want the resources, go buy some! If you don't want to commit, or buy, then live without.

I think the whole idea is to go "OOooOO, I really need some rice right now, but Braks control the territory" so you get your boys together and go take the territory. If you're neutral, you miss out on the stuff you want. But you gain the advantage of not getting aggressed (trust me, this is a big thing, I've had 3 pets killed by aggressors, and I've become a ghost once). You also get access to both Brak and Bont markets, which is bloody awsome. I been hunting a larva hat for a real long time, couldn't find it in Bonta, but I was able to find one in Brakmar (didn't matter at the time, cause I didn't have the cash on me, but you can see what I mean)

You don't see alignments whinging about the fact that they can't get into Brakmar without getting aggressed by the guards do you?????

You've picked your side, neutral non-committer! Now live with it!

Indeed very eloquent. Couldnt have said it better. Even though your a smelly old bonta tongue
0 0

How do you do that grey text??

I KILL YOU BRAKMAR SCUM!!! You will die a terrible terrible death (actually, you'll probably kill me and now I need to hide forever from you)

And so you see breathehope. Being an alignment is fun.. You get to tell Brakmars just how ugly they are (personally, I think the Brakmar wings look a bit panise at higher levels with the lacey frills coming off them) and you get all those other bonuses I talked about before..

I'd like to see more benefits for being alignment but also more benefits from being Brak.. Maybe some shops that you can only go to if you are alignment, or pets/mounts that are alignment based. Even better!! Add back in some alignment based weaponry! Would be good if the bad guy weaponry was cursed as well (like you don't know if it's evil, you wield it, and OH MY GOD! It's backwards and you can't take it off????) That would leave it open for the alignment classes to have more abilities as well (priests could have remove curse) but then, neutral could wield anything!

0 0
Citation
LecterLives :
How do you do that grey text??

I KILL YOU BRAKMAR SCUM!!! You will die a terrible terrible death (actually, you'll probably kill me and now I need to hide forever from you)

And so you see breathehope. Being an alignment is fun.. You get to tell Brakmars just how ugly they are (personally, I think the Brakmar wings look a bit panise at higher levels with the lacey frills coming off them) and you get all those other bonuses I talked about before..

I'd like to see more benefits for being alignment but also more benefits from being Brak.. Maybe some shops that you can only go to if you are alignment, or pets/mounts that are alignment based. Even better!! Add back in some alignment based weaponry! Would be good if the bad guy weaponry was cursed as well (like you don't know if it's evil, you wield it, and OH MY GOD! It's backwards and you can't take it off????) That would leave it open for the alignment classes to have more abilities as well (priests could have remove curse) but then, neutral could wield anything!

Click qoute lector smile *takes a HORN (definatly NOT a lacy thing) and pierces Lectors angel wings* Look at the pretty holes smile Yes and Being brak means you get to sneak up on those smelly bonta (cant you smell them for MAPS away? who needs scrolls of bontas)

Yes indeed I would like to see more reward for alignments. I also would like to see more rewards for braks as of right now bonta has it all. Easier access, better mobs, more resources and because of the easy access better sellersrooms grrrrr. But not as interesting people...*snickers*
0 0
Citation
Click qoute lector smile *takes a HORN (definatly NOT a lacy thing) and pierces Lectors angel wings* Look at the pretty holes smile Yes and Being brak means you get to sneak up on those smelly bonta (cant you smell them for MAPS away? who needs scrolls of bontas)

Yes indeed I would like to see more reward for alignments. I also would like to see more rewards for braks as of right now bonta has it all. Easier access, better mobs, more resources and because of the easy access better sellersrooms grrrrr. But not as interesting people...*snickers*

You can't pierce my wings with your lace.. You can polish them *looks at nice shiny wings*

Brak get all the territory cause you got more Brakmars running around. There are advantages to being either alignment (except when you are Brak there is the disadvantage of sucking wink I've got a staff carving friend and a dagger selling alt, and by God I sell a lot of twiggy daggers. I can't keep up with the demand, basically I sell 200 twiggy daggers in like 5 hours and she sells 200 twiggy staffs in like 5 days. LOL.
0 0

I have a couple of replies to the comments here.

1. I'm not whining, I'm merely suggesting. It's not like I'm throwing a fuss threating to stop playing or anything, merely a suggestion. If I want the ore bad enough, I'll figure out a way, even though I still don't think it worth the trouble. I'll probably just buy it.

2. When I see REAL role-playing, maybe then I'll choose an alignment. For now all I see is separation, and no one one either side helping each other without people bitching about GANGING and other circumstances, which gives me much reason to not choose alignment. All alignment for is getting your ego stroked and showing off. Least that's all it means to me for now, its meaningless. Yeah maybe you'll get an order, and that's all fun and cool, but there isn't much more to it than that. (for myself)

3. Don't assume I never had participation in PVP, I was forced to when I equipments had rank, and usually every fight I did, win or lose, wasn't really all that fun, being talking down to and what not, being called, whore, b****, c***, and whatever other ugly name you want.

If I am ever to be aligned again, I need better reasons to be. Also what will happen if the Serane Alignment really comes? How will this tie into things with Pandala?

Anyway. Cheers!

0 0
Score : 708

Well, an alignment focusing on Anarchy/liberation/neutrality or somesuch that could take regions making them accessable for neutrals would be neat then, huh?
But that would not likly happen, since it's not in the scope of how the game-makers want us to be, aligned and waging "war".

0 0
Citation
breathehope :
I have a couple of replies to the comments here.

1. I'm not whining, I'm merely suggesting. It's not like I'm throwing a fuss threating to stop playing or anything, merely a suggestion. If I want the ore bad enough, I'll figure out a way, even though I still don't think it worth the trouble. I'll probably just buy it.

That's what I said, pick an alignment or buy it =P
Citation
2. When I see REAL role-playing, maybe then I'll choose an alignment. For now all I see is separation, and no one one either side helping each other without people bitching about GANGING and other circumstances, which gives me much reason to not choose alignment. All alignment for is getting your ego stroked and showing off. Least that's all it means to me for now, its meaningless. Yeah maybe you'll get an order, and that's all fun and cool, but there isn't much more to it than that. (for myself)

What do you mean by REAL role-playing? I think it's a little unfair to want everyone to run around "in character". It is a computer game after all. I never bitch about this so called 'ganging' thing. Frankly, all's fair in love and war, and this one is war baby! But alignment is also for gathering the resources you want (the ones you mentioned not being able to get unless you are alignment), using the dojos (I love the dojos), using Imp Carriers etc etc. It's not just about the PvP or being a show off. My wings are always hidden and they probably will be for a very long time.
Citation
3. Don't assume I never had participation in PVP, I was forced to when I equipments had rank, and usually every fight I did, win or lose, wasn't really all that fun, being talking down to and what not, being called, whore, b****, c***, and whatever other ugly name you want.

Yeah, always a problem in PvP. You just gotta take the good with the bad. Some of the PvPs I have had end with "You're a noob, you don't know how to play. Blah blah blah" but some end in "Great fight dude, let's be friends, wanna join my guild blah blah blah"
0 0
Score : 280

Is it really so much to ask to have a spot here or there in neutral territory that a little of these bonta/brak only resources could be gathered? I'm not asking for enough to move the markets, just the lone silicate here or there, the lone rice here or there, etc... so that those of us who enjoy being neutral can do the occasional gather & craft without buying at the shop?

We've already given up fighting in a lot of areas, which means a lot of drops that we're leaving to you bonta & brak in peace. Can't we have just a few crumbs of your exclusive resources?

Zoephiel

0 0
Citation
Zoephiel :
Is it really so much to ask to have a spot here or there in neutral territory that a little of these bonta/brak only resources could be gathered? I'm not asking for enough to move the markets, just the lone silicate here or there, the lone rice here or there, etc... so that those of us who enjoy being neutral can do the occasional gather & craft without buying at the shop?

We've already given up fighting in a lot of areas, which means a lot of drops that we're leaving to you bonta & brak in peace. Can't we have just a few crumbs of your exclusive resources?

Zoephiel

LOL! NO! It's mine!

Nah, neutrals get bonuses as well. Brakmar normally control all the territory, so it's not like the Bontas can go do the gathering a lot of the time. But, that's the idea of committing to a side. But like I said, neutrals can go to every shop in the game, they can't get agresses in neutral zones (okay, so they can, but then the guard comes. And if you've ever spent an hour in the jail, trust me, you've learnt your lesson. I certainly won't be agressing another neutral until I'm level 150)

These gathering things are one of the benefits you get from joining, because once you've joined, you lose so much.
0 0
Citation
LecterLives :
These gathering things are one of the benefits you get from joining, because once you've joined, you lose so much.

Hahaha, so what's the point of joining again? *sticks out tongue*
And thanks for agreeing with me Zoephiel. *wink* Least one person sees it my way. biggrin
0 0
Citation
breathehope :
Citation
LecterLives :

Hahaha, so what's the point of joining again? *sticks out tongue*

Grrr, you get to mine dolomite so ner! Plus you get to use the imp carriers (oh how useless are they? There's like 6 and they are all in the middle of no where. The only time I've ever used them was for the spying missions in Brak)
Citation
And thanks for agreeing with me Zoephiel. *wink* Least one person sees it my way. biggrin

Yeah! At least 1 person does! I'm sure all those wimpy neutrals agree with you!?!? But too bad!! The dolomite is all mine, and so's the rice! Mine mine mine (except Bonta never has those territories, so really it's their's)
0 0
Score : 860
Citation
monkeyhead :
You don't actually have to mine lvl 100 ore, although that is the only real benefit of being a lvl 100 miner.

You're kidding, right? +1000 pods? Getting a lot of extra ore from every vein? Speed, speed, and more speed? Any of these benefits ringing a bell?

Not really germane to the topic, but it needed to be pointed out.
0 0
Score : 1343

brakmar is not scum and we are NOT losers! please stop saying that crap about us!

0 0
Respond to this thread