FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Activate Artifact

By Kavis May 24, 2007, 23:56:10

Currently we have Etheral Weapons. Why not have etheral equipment as well?

These are items which do not have stats as much as effects, which can only be activated once per battle and effects are disenchantable. In all cases, and Artifact requires 6 AP to use and a 1/25 fail rate. There are various items and levels that give various effects... but there are two primary types of artifacts... stable and random. Basically the idea is to introduce items that do not add stats but can drastically change the way the game is played on a strategic level. In some ways it does not matter if these items are too powerful since they are etheral and *should* not be able to be repaired.

Examples of Stable artifacts:

Belt of Healing: spell effect of 15-30 Heals.
Retreat Boots: -3 AP and +3 MP for 3 turns.
Osa Teaser Ring: summons a Tofu.
Amulet of Greed: casts Enu Greed spell, random spell level/strength.

Examples of Random artifacts:
Essense of Enpirsa: random Eni spell castable on any target range (1-8) (including attack, healing and even Word of Youth)
Curse of Iop: 2x attack damage for all fighters, but 50% of instant death for caster

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 2776

Your suggestions here are too powerful, that's all I'll say for the moment as I've not slept in a few days now and still am not feeling well..

0 0
Score : 5165
Citation
Stillgrave :
Your suggestions here are too powerful, that's all I'll say for the moment as I've not slept in a few days now and still am not feeling well..

He already said
Citation
In some ways it does not matter if these items are too powerful since they are etheral and *should* not be able to be repaired.
0 0
Score : 3774

Yeah, they still seem too powerful to me - even if they fade away.

Also, how are the artifacts activated? You can't normally interact with items after combat starts, and you don't have icons for equipped items - other than weapon attacks.

0 0
Score : 506

There would be various levels of artifact items... lots of them do weak stuff, a few rare ones are strong. The examples I gave were only to provide possible artifact effects.

To Activate the artifact, there would need to be another button on the spell/fight panel or you would have to open you inventory and select the item and click "Activate" (normally grayed out).

It is possible to have a full set of Artifact items all with various properties, and you would have to select which artifact you want to activate.

My problem with Dofus is that there are very few surprises... there are a few builds that are unique, but once you are familiar with the differences you know how to prepare. But with Artifacts, there would be quite a number of options, and a number of surprises.

0 0
Score : 3774
Citation
Kavis :
To Activate the artifact, there would need to be another button on the spell/fight panel or you would have to open you inventory and select the item and click "Activate" (normally grayed out).

Yeah, another panel would work in addition to the spell panel that you could access in combat. On the artifact panel you would have one icon per equipment slot, and see a description of the effects of the artifact there by hovering your mouse pointer over them. Equipment slots without an artifact would be greyed out. You could toggle between the spell and artifact panel in combat. This kind of interface would allow one to wear multiple artifacts at a time and access their powers easily in the heat of battle.
0 0
Respond to this thread