FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Making Collectors less irritating and more useful at the same time

By Bujax September 15, 2007, 02:08:32

Just some suggestions for balancing collectors and making them less hated by many players:

• Remove the ability to steal bags of resources, or instead use the chance to collect resources percentage for these. (I've seen too many rare resource bags fall into a collector's hands, and almost no guild invests into % from resources)
  • Forbid placing collectors of the same guild within 3 maps/rooms of each other (this will stop a single guild from taking up all the good hunting/gathering spots in a tight area such some f2p sections, dungeons or mines)

To balance this out:

• Give guild members the ability to use collectors as zaaps (either free, or with a charge decreased as collector levels). Of course zaaping should exclude un-zappable places such as dungeon rooms or some cave/island areas.
  • Allow attackers to bring in their own collector into a fight (would make the competition between guilds a bit fiercer)

What do you guys think?
0 0
Reactions 38
Score : 428

If you remove the ability to collect resource bags and limit the amount of percs in a certain area, you are making perc less useful.
And bringing collectors to fight other collectors? I'm sure most people prefer having 8 real players instead of a low AI horse with high HP.

0 0
Score : 3377
Citation
If you remove the ability to collect resource bags and limit the amount of percs in a certain area, you are making perc less useful.

That bit was to make them less irritating to other players. The idea for increased usefulness was the zaaping between them (this would also encourage spreading them out around the world map).
Citation
And bringing collectors to fight other collectors? I'm sure most people prefer having 8 real players instead of a low AI horse with high HP.

That depends on the level of guild members. Not all guilds have lvl 150+ defenders. And this could encourage lower level guilds to have at least one good collector build more for combat than anything else.
0 0
Score : 428
Citation
Citation

That depends on the level of guild members. Not all guilds have lvl 150+ defenders. And this could encourage lower level guilds to have at least one good collector build more for combat than anything else.

I've been able to solo perceptors at level 27 with my osamodas due to their lack of brain: I summon tofu -> perc kills it and pass his turn -> repeat until he has less than 50 HP and decides to make a frontal attack (this seems to be part of his AI) -> I kill it.
0 0
Citation
I've been able to solo perceptors at level 27 with my osamodas due to their lack of brain: I summon tofu -> perc kills it and pass his turn -> repeat until he has less than 50 HP and decides to make a frontal attack (this seems to be part of his AI) -> I kill it.

That means you were lucky not to run into a full squad of high-level players protecting the collector. What would be interesting is to make them actually useful for map-control fights. Yes, that would require AI improvements, but there are some strong things a collector could bring into a fight such as Unbewitchment (which unfortunately will become much less useful in the upcoming 1.20 uptade as almost all inf. duration spells are now 4-turn spells with a 6 turn cooldown).
0 0
Score : 1224

~Or~ Remove them all together! Seeing how there the single most fucked up idea every thought of, short from the halo-noob-shield.

Theres only 2 things that I would Love to see happen to them. Removed of corse or instead of 'stealing' our stuff they simpley get a % to coppy that item for there own. This way if you would get that bag or recorses the perc has a chance to get his own bag also.

But they should really not be allowed in mines , temples, and donguons at all.

0 0
Score : 609
Citation
XelZeta :
~Or~ Remove them all together! Seeing how there the single most fucked up idea every thought of, short from the halo-noob-shield.

Theres only 2 things that I would Love to see happen to them. Removed of corse or instead of 'stealing' our stuff they simpley get a % to coppy that item for there own. This way if you would get that bag or recorses the perc has a chance to get his own bag also.

But they should really not be allowed in mines , temples, and donguons at all.

One they will never be remove they are benifts to those who pay and work hard to get where they are. Second if the Percs get a copy of the item then the most expenisve items would drop in the general market because now there would be two times the amount of that item. I agree I don't like them in dungeons, mines, or temples...why are they in temples in the first place...but if it was your perc in that mine or dungeon then you would be happy for it because it might get something valuable.
0 0
Score : 5172

I'd love to see them able to change maps wink LOL! When they accidentally walk on the map change they should go to the next map and if there is a perc already on it, they start a fight with each other which sends messages to both guilds.

0 0
Score : 8205
Citation
LecterLives :
I'd love to see them able to change maps wink LOL! When they accidentally walk on the map change they should go to the next map and if there is a perc already on it, they start a fight with each other which sends messages to both guilds.

LOL! seconded.

/approved.

Also: Perhaps granting them a new ability: "Thieve item"
"The Collector has a 1/10 chance, at stealing an equipped item, from whoever it hits in close combat."
(Granting them a close-combat attack, in the process.)

• Cato
0 0
Score : 627

That would be hilarious ^^ I'd like to see that lol

0 0

Another idea: how about changing the collectors from %to steal item, to just be counted as another player with relatively high prospecting, but only adding a small amount (like 1-10%) of that prospecting to party prospecting on the given map. This way people will actually want to fight on maps with collectors (due to the slight increase in prospecting).

0 0
Score : 41

Hey thats a good idea. Way better than stealing items from people. I would fight on a map with a collector if it gave pp to unlock items I would normaly not beable to unlock. Dude, I Really Like that Idea! from a scale of 1-10 Its a 10!

0 0
Score : 8205
Citation
Bujax :
Another idea: how about changing the collectors from %to steal item, to just be counted as another player with relatively high prospecting, but only adding a small amount (like 1-10%) of that prospecting to party prospecting on the given map. This way people will actually want to fight on maps with collectors (due to the slight increase in prospecting).

Especially since the Collectors are being nerfed? (I heard) -- Giving them a time limit, as to how long they get to remain on any given map
Citation
Aelok :

Hey thats a good idea. Way better than stealing items from people. I would fight on a map with a collector if it gave pp to unlock items I would normally not beatable to unlock. Dude, I Really Like that Idea! from a scale of 1-10 Its a 10!

Yeah !

• Cato
0 0
Score : 100
Citation
LecterLives :

i would like to say how great i think this idea is.looking at far reaches of my intellect that i can recall,all
percs have been used for is taking money,resources, xp etc,but a perc starting fights with other percs.
i think this would intensify guild wars and accualy make percs fun to use.and if i remember correctly they
were going to modify the guild system to make guild wars more heard of.i for one hope they put this idea
in to concideration for the next update. tongue

~Dark-Jezus~
0 0
Score : 282

I love the idea of pp too smile, btw prerceptor system need a HUGE and 360 degrees nerf.

First of all the fact that the mentioned horse can steal the soul stone from my hand is absurd... and is not fair, like collecting exp (what sense in that?) and don't object that if u don't like percs u can just foght elsewere... dopple territory ... no free maps.

Perc has more chance than a normal player to get drops, takes more kamas and everything. This is a way to advantage strong guilds versus other players. If I were a lvl 70-100 of any class leveling and trying to get stones for my dazzl belt at dopple territory i'd jsut make some lvl 150+ richer than before, this is too much.

I think that the nerf should reduce to 15% every maximum chance of collecting anything.
No more soul stones and exp (no sense, they should level their guilds alone)
No more percs in dopple territory or at least not in every map. I could suggest a thing similar to the limit of maps in the same area but general
For instance: dopple territory is... say 10 maps. Ok the maximum amount of percs is 5, so there can be always a map without them.

Bye and gratz again for the idea of pp lock ^ ^

Every person that will reply to this please specify if has a char in a big guild takin a lot of exp and resources from percs .... i'm curious.

Btw mine is obviously a small guild and i don't want absolutely to go in a big guild for percs, let the small bunch of friends survive... smile

0 0
Score : 2720

Just because you can't seem to organize well enough to take down Percs, Amanka shouldn't do the job for you.

Percs are actually pretty easy to kill. Lowbie Percs die within minutes of being placed - any high level can simply solo them, regardless of defenders. High level Percs are harder to kill but can be overwhelmed or taken by surprise. Even the largest Guilds can only defend 1 or 2 Percs simultaneously if you don't give notice, and 3 or 4 maximum if they happen to be sitting around on the weekend. But they have 10-15 Percs on the board, so they really can't cover all of the potential targets.

This is why only the strongest Guilds can afford to maintain Percs. And a these are Guilds with very deep pockets and many high level defenders. The Perc fleet of a lv. 6X guild like Revolution (or ST or Blank) is not a trivial thing. These Guilds pay something like 1MK (or more) for their Perc fleet, so that is a lot of mats they need to collect to earn their placement fees back.

If you're willing to grind for levels, or farm for mats, then you should be willing to spend effort to kill a Perc. And if you're not willing to do this, then that's your problem.

0 0
Score : 134

I think to balance percs they should make them mountable...enough said lmao

0 0
Score : 282
Citation
GrauGeist :
Just because you can't seem to organize well enough to take down Percs, Amanka shouldn't do the job for you.

Percs are actually pretty easy to kill. Lowbie Percs die within minutes of being placed - any high level can simply solo them, regardless of defenders. High level Percs are harder to kill but can be overwhelmed or taken by surprise. Even the largest Guilds can only defend 1 or 2 Percs simultaneously if you don't give notice, and 3 or 4 maximum if they happen to be sitting around on the weekend. But they have 10-15 Percs on the board, so they really can't cover all of the potential targets.

This is why only the strongest Guilds can afford to maintain Percs. And a these are Guilds with very deep pockets and many high level defenders. The Perc fleet of a lv. 6X guild like Revolution (or ST or Blank) is not a trivial thing. These Guilds pay something like 1MK (or more) for their Perc fleet, so that is a lot of mats they need to collect to earn their placement fees back.

If you're willing to grind for levels, or farm for mats, then you should be willing to spend effort to kill a Perc. And if you're not willing to do this, then that's your problem.

Sorry but i cannot find nothing that makes sense here. You mean that if i have got 1 hour of game in the evening i should spend an half searchin ppl to kill a perc an the other trying to win vs a strong defence for having my map free? and they just gonna put another on it. Then if u aggro again they start acting like mafia aggroing u all day. And even if they can defend 3 percs over 60 do I have to aggress 3 (so 3 groups of ppl probably dies for that) of them and in this stupid game who aggresses loses a lot of energy.

No offence but you really don't have idea of what the problem is dude. You simply talk without having idea of this.

Bye
0 0
Score : 4438
Citation
GrauGeist :

Just because have time to spend organizing in this game, isn't reason to berate anyone with a real-world life that precludes long periods of gameplay.
Citation
If you're willing to grind for levels, or farm for mats, then you should be willing to spend effort to kill a Perc.

Why's that? Maybe you should consider the constraints of people who aren't so lucky to have as much free time as you, and who don't consider Dofus as careers.

Rather than snapping rudely at ideas that you don't like, perhaps you could explain how these ideas might impinge on your enjoyment of the game. It's a game, remember? It ought to be fun. As things stand now, percs don't seem to bring all that much fun to the system.
0 0
Score : 1846

1. Yes I am in a guild
2. No we don't abuse Percs

I like the prospect idea. I like the idea of only 1/2 the maps in an area being able to have percs. I also like a previous idea that Percs should roll instead of auto stealing stuff. It's easy for a high level idiot to say 'oh just kill them' It's not that easy for low level people who are seeing their good stuff or hard earned stuff (like meat for a hunter - who can't level hunting until they process the meat) stolen by a perc set out by a lazy group of people who would rather steal from others than earn their stuff. (personal opinion - you don't have to agree with it).

Percs are only useful to high level guilds and are a nuisance to low level or non-guild people. They should not be allowed in any building, or dungeon.

0 0
Respond to this thread