Ankama Trackers

Character and Item Server Exchange

By #saorsa January 07, 2008, 05:36:34

i was reading a thread about 2 days ago about opening a new server and
i dont realy think its a good idea but i do think that that a char and item
exchange between server so that we can resume a life in dofus whit out
losing a char. or any items. Beside working all so hard 2 lvl up and then
starting from scratch is quite depressing. i do think this is this would be a
great i deal and help ujnpopulate over crouded severs.

Post and ideas 2 make this idea any better

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 799

It been suggested many times before and the reasons it's a bad idea remain. It would unbalance server economies if people could move characters and or items from one server to another.

0 0
Score : 213

Agreed that it shouldnt be possible because of the economy on servers.

though I think they should make it possible for new servers that are opening up. A new server opens up it doesnt have a economy yet. make it possible to switch to that server for like the first 2 weeks. that way you'll really give the overcrowded server some space, cus I think like 50% or more of the new players, get to play cus of a friend who already plays, they want to be on same server and the already crowded server will still gain new players.

its like Rushu is 90% full
you open up a new server

of the new players still 50% will join rushu cus they want to be on their friends server
so Rushu will get full in a less rapid way but still kinda rapid

now lets say you open it up for 2 weeks and of course alot will stay but maybe 15% will go to the new server

Rushu will drop to 75%
new server will start out at 15%

all the friends of that 15% will join the new server
so only 45% of the new players goes to Rushu, Rushu will still fill up but has more space to fill up and just a tiny bit less rapid.

the economy wont be ruined if you only make it possible for 2 weeks and make it a one way trafic.

so yeh I think its a good Idea but only for the first few weeks a new server opened up.

0 0
Score : 1121

That will still mess up the economy. The whole point of a new server, is that it's new, and evolves in a certain way. Having high level characters and professions, right from the start, would defeat the purpose of a new server. In the beginning, people are trying their hardest for weeks, for gob sets and adventurer sets. But a high level character could farm that in an hour. This goes for scrolling, and everything too.

0 0
Score : 799

You know maybe DLSIII has hit on an idea here though. How about a server specifically to allow players to move from overcrowded servers? Sure you could let new people join too but you make them aware that this is not a "new" server.

I don't see how moving a house would work since more than one person may own the same house on different servers so I suppose they would have to do it without houses/paddocks but in a setup like this they could even allow people to move with gear and kamas.

A poll should be able to tell them if there would be enough interest in such a server.

Would make for an interesting server economy in the beginning but I would think it would find its own balance eventually.

Maybe make it so that you can not move from a server unless its considered high population so as to not adversely affect servers like Rosal or Shika.

0 0
Score : 1105
Citation
LouCypher :
You know maybe DLSIII has hit on an idea here though. How about a server specifically to allow players to move from overcrowded servers? Sure you could let new people join too but you make them aware that this is not a "new" server.

I don't see how moving a house would work since more than one person may own the same house on different servers so I suppose they would have to do it without houses/paddocks but in a setup like this they could even allow people to move with gear and kamas.

A poll should be able to tell them if there would be enough interest in such a server.

Would make for an interesting server economy in the beginning but I would think it would find its own balance eventually.

Maybe make it so that you can not move from a server unless its considered high population so as to not adversely affect servers like Rosal or Shika.

Heres my answer when people say this happy, lvl 200 wants to move he/she wont be able to bring items/kamas... they still have their main spells lvled... prob. to 6, so wen theyre moving think about this as an example lvl 200 rambo wants to move from rushu to say shika, burning glyph to 6 right? well guess who farms THOUSANDS of mats within hours? and makes MILLIONS of kamas? in a day or 2? him... soo its still affect the economy^_6
0 0
Respond to this thread