FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Sugestion : Turn Off Spell Effects

By Silberblatt - SUBSCRIBER - June 11, 2008, 19:09:18

A sugestion for the next release : Possibility to turn off spell effects. Why? Dofus consumes way too much memory of the computer ( up to 150+) and some old computers, like mine, lags too much because of spell effects. I already turn off the sprites. What this function could do is just turn dofus more like a chess. The pieces doesnt move, they just do what they should tongue

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 979

Options such as this are never a bad idea.

0 0
Score : 1315

I LOVE THIS IDEA. It is SO PAINFUL watching high-energy shot animation and takes way too my of my combat turn to do it.

0 0
Score : 2181

I third this, great idea. I lag a lot because my internet company isn't as good as I would like them to be (changing soon tongue). Just imagine how much more space Dofus 2.0 will take up with the redo of graphics. I hope it won't be too much more. Hopefully this will be passed onto the devs, I'd love this idea to be implemented into game play.

• Sophidian
0 0
Score : 4433

Yes, agreed.

Also an option to turn off other dead slow animations like when large amounts of grass, hemp and flax grow in the fields after harvesting.

And maybe also an option to turn off movement animations like the slowly bouncing gobtubbies and pulsating mushds. Their slowness is just so annoying. Turn-based battle does not require heavy animation nor extra delays like cute bouncing. I really would prefer to see the pieces slide around like chess pieces do.

0 0
Score : 1845

This is a great idea. And by making it an option, it allows people to enjoy the animations when they can or when they want to, while allowing them to be turned off in times of heavy lag, or when they are on a slower computer. It is also possible that turning off the animation during heavy lags, will help reduce the lag in general.

0 0
Score : 39
Citation
The pieces doesnt move, they just do what they should tongue

O'rly ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkOgGdZIdCc ))
0 0
Respond to this thread