FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Game Development - Compiled from December 2007 - June 2008

By RikkiL#1276 - SUBSCRIBER - June 15, 2008, 22:52:53
Game Development - Compiled from December 2007 - June 2008

I have spent some time going through the Game Development thread and have compiled a selection of the
BEST of the requests into one post.

There are a huge number of people posting about 'Changes to' and 'Creation of' New Spells, Bots,
Servers, Quests, Dungeons and Content I have chosen to omit these from this list.

Also any talk of in-game 'balancing' whether that be Weapons, Equipment or classes has also been
omitted.

Additionally I have not added any Paddock suggestions onto this list as yet as I am not a breeder
and I haven't spent much time learning this side of the game.

Though this thread is probably worth a mention: http://forum.dofus.com/en/topic.php?lang=en&id=59065.

Most of these requests listed here are Game Interface Improvements and Mechanics, I hope to update
this list at least once a month.

Thanks must of course go to everyone who has ever posted in this section of the forum. The sole
purpose of this exercise is basically to bring as many requests and suggestions together in one post
for the readability of the Game Developers.

NOTE: I have only trawled through the posts through to December 2007.

If you wish to add your suggestion/request to this list simply continue to post as normal to this
forum.
0 0
Reactions 17
Score : 4292
Guild Window

• New Right: Manage Another's XP.

• New Right: Manage Log-in message.

• New Right: Manage Guild Fund.

• New Right: Member can see where all Perceptors have been placed.

• Right Alteration: Manage XP becomes Manage YOUR XP.

• New Feature: Message of the Day text box area.

• New Feature: Log-in message. Those with the appropriate Right can setup an change a message that members will recieve everytime they log-in for a session; show in Bolded Purple Text.

• New Feature: A button against every member's name which will open a new window showing the player's Professions and Level, with a button to Private Message the member.

• New Feature: Manage Guild Fund. Member's can click a button to Donate as many Kamas as they choose to a Guild Fund. When the Guild Leader or those given the Right visit an available house or paddock he is presented with a new option 'Buy using Guild Fund'. This would of course open up further possibilies, eg. 'Buy Moowolf Cape using Guild Fund (window opens showing all guild members) for PlayerXXX'. Item is deposited into the Guild Member's Bank account and notified straightaway or on Login.

• New Feature: Guild Leader given the ability to Order the ranks from Top to Bottom in order they choose. This will allow the Sort by Rank column to sort as per the Guild's ranking system.

• New Feature: Leader has the option to Set Minimum Level Requirement. If an attempt is made by anyone to invite a player below the level requirement an error message is shown. If the Leader tries to invite anyone below this level requirement he is shown the error message in a dialog box with the options, 'Invite Anyway' or 'Cancel'.

• Fix: The Date shown against every Placed Perceptors DOES NOT match up with the Date given on 'The Clock'.

• New Feature: When clicking the X against a member's name bring up a dialog with three options: 1) Remove - Removes the character from the guild (ideally remember their total exp donation in case they return). 2) Ban - Bans the whole account from the guild. Future attempts to invite any character on this account back result in a message regarding the ban and a yes/no dialog to confirm the invitation and 3) Cancel the Invitation.

• New Feature: Allow Guild Leaders to establish links between different Guilds, Mutually Aligned, Friendlies and Enemies. This can be shown in the form of a new tab. Mutually aligned guild Perceptors can't be attacked by any members of either guild unless the Guild Leaders of either guild change the link to either Friendly or Enemy. Guilds that are classed as Friendly in practical terms means members can attack each other's Perceptors at will, but attacks are logged and shown in brief in this new tab. Guilds that are classed as Enemy in practical terms means that aggression of the Perceptor is allowed and the Perceptor 'Glows' or is Highlighted as an enemy Guild in some visual way. In essence all Guilds are classed as Enemy until a link is formed. Additionally the Guild Leader's name is shown (for the guild leader only to see) of Mutually Aligned guilds only.

• Changes regarding Perceptor Defence System: Outside of fights add a button or a graphic into the main display which can be clicked at anytime to join you into the defence. Add a countdown timer into the main display also. It would also be clever to show who has chosen to defend in the main display without opening the guild interface; except when multiple perceptors are being attacked. All this can be neatly displayed just above the chat area where the emote window usually expanded into.
0 0
Options Interface

• Ability to paste pre-written text into the chat box area by pressing F1-F12. Configured via the Options Interface window.

• Enable/Disable the Sort by feature in Inventories to improve client performance.

• New Toggle: 'Allow Display of Website Addresses without Warning'.

• New Toggle: 'At Start of fight Hide Monsters' Y/N.

Banking and The Sellrooms

• Ability to transfer all items from the currently shown inventory into the Bank.

• A small amount of Interest should be given on an established basis.

• A new bank to be built in Madstream Port.

• In the sellrooms of Bonta and Brakmar increases the number of slots available to sell your wares to improve the availability and price of common materials and whilst at the same time promote and re-establish what it means to set to up in Merchant Mode.

• In the sellrooms allow players to sell items 20, 50, 500 and by 1000 at a time.

• A new kind of 'sellroom': Themed around Game Bounties, either GM built or player posted.

• Better integration of Mount's inventory with that of the Bank's.

• As well as showing the Average Price show the Current Price per single unit.

• Consider linking the sellrooms of Bonta and Brakmar.

• Auction house for Weapons and Equipment. Player sets a reserve price for the item and a starting bid and the auction lasts a mandatory fixed amount of time. A player can run a low number of Auctions at the same time, the player's account is blocked from bidding on his own Auctions and a Auction Tax is applied in the same way as the other sellrooms. In order to bid on an auction the player must exchange the number of kamas upfront for the system to work. The winning bidder will receive the item in his bank account, losing bidders will find their bid back in their bank account, and if the item remains unsold it also ends up back in the bank.

Fights

• A Keyboard Shortcut for the 'Point to Square feature' in fights. Also when play passes from one monster/player to another the player who has already chosen to 'Point to Square' should not have to hit the button every time.

• When the Playing Cards become too many to display across the width of the screen add Left and Right scroll buttons.

• A neutral Arena located in the Dofus world. Aggression in ALL Arenas should be prohibited.

• Give Osas sutbtle control over their summons with simple options between Defence, Attack or Boost.

Houses

Create a new profession: Furniture Carver.

Has the ability to Craft/Repair Chairs, Beds, Bookshelves, Wardrobes, Pet Cages and Chests.

• Chairs: Character can regain HP. Time taken to regain full HP dependant on Level of Chair.
  • Beds: Character can regain ENERGY. Time taken to regain full ENERGY depend on Level of Bed. Only to be used when Logging off.
  • Bookshelves: Functionality unknown.
  • Wardrobes: Store your Cloaks, Hats and Weapons. Number of slots dependant on Level of Wardrobe.
  • Pet Cage: A new interface where Pets are Fed and Watered (To help move Pet from Skinny to normal) with options to build a stock of Enripsa Powders and Water. The number of Pets which can be stored is dependant on Level of the Pet Cage.
  • Chests: Additional Chests can be crafted upto a Maximum for the Size/Type of the house.
0 0
Miscellanous

• Ability to change the Colours of your character in some way either via an Alchemist Dyes and Recipes, series of Quests or a Dungeon.

• New Emote: /Dance - self explanatory.

• New Emote: /Special - Character is animated to say I am Osa, I am Enu, I am Eni and so on. Obtained via a series of Quests or a Dungeon.

• Collecting the Dofus Eggs: Retain the current PP Lock, but implement a system that counts the number of times each player has killed a boss that drops a Dofus. When the player kills a boss X amount of times the chance of dropping a Dofus increase by X%. When ANY Dofus is dropped all counters are reset back to zero.

• Removal of the 'Remove Perc' option shown when clicking on a Perceptor you have rights to collect from.

• Ability in-game to capture the whole screen and automatically forward to Support. Before the screen is captured the Time field will be enabled in the chat box area, the screen is then capture and the Time field reverts to the preference of the player.

• In the Friends and Enemies Lists add a field where the player can enter some text. This could be anything noteworthy from 'When did I first meet this person...' through to eg. 'What did this person do to get on my Enemy List?'.

• When double-clicking a Tied Scroll the Mini-Map, Geoposition and Compass still don't correctly position and follow the character properly.

• Ability to give all your pets a name in the same way as mounts. When the Pets option is chosen from the list box in the inventory display change the slot-design to a list of pets the player is carrying sorted by time left to feed. In each row of each pet is shown the current 'Abilities/Stats' of the pet. Add an option into this list to Feed the selected pet. When this button is selected a window opens showing the Resources that the selected pet can eat. This will avoid the necessity to equip mounts in order to feed them as well as making feeding pets more uniform, enjoyable and easier.

• Ability to add additional flags to the game world map (updates with Mini-Map of course) that the player can give a name to; simply as reminders of stuff you have found.

• Ability to display and toggle the Guild's Perceptors on the Map and Mini-Map if the member has the Right to see them as outlined at the beginning of this post.

• Ability to search all Merchants on a screen for a particular item negating the need to click every Merchant visible on screen.

• Stop players from setting up a Merchant in ALL dungeons to avoid such situations as Merchants in the way at the Tofu Maze and Mobs hiding behind Merchants; particularly Gobballs.

• Double defence time when a Perceptor is attacked. Once again allow 8 spots in defence of Perceptors placed in Dungeons and allow players who are in a Dungeon once again to defend given that Perceptors now only prospect and no longer steal from players.

• Reinstate the 'Remove' button when Collecting from Perceptors as double-click doesn't work properly on all systems. You just end up frustrated that you cannot collect all the drops.
0 0
Score : 7837

I like all these ideas <3. It should be a whole new update in itself. Like Dofus 1.25 or something. Anyways, thanks for putting all this in one spot for easy finding.
And you did a great job on finding all the better ideas suggested here.

• Travis
0 0
Score : 9409
Citation
Also any talk of in-game 'balancing' whether that be Weapons, Equipment or classes has also been

omitted.

The abysmal game balancing is dofus its biggest flaw, no doubt. Unfortunately, it's a controversal topic, too, because 99% of the people that use overpowered builds/weapons/spells/whatever won't admit that their builds/weapons/spells/whatever is overpowered, even if it's totally obvious and they know it.
0 0

Blazeron, and people have thousands of ideas regarding the flaws. Hence why I have omitted the information.

0 0
Score : 659

The only thing I would add to the list is the completion of the alignment quests. They have been in limbo forever now and deserve to be finished so that several of the ingame items can be used to full effect (ie phoenix potion self revival).

0 0

Hey Hammer, I would add them to the list if it wasn't for the fact since I wrote this thread the rest of the alignment quests are already in the game sir!

Okay okay for those of you who think I am mad.... go read the relevant thread in the Log Book. The alignment quests have been coded into the game already, but are currently only available to a select few players aka Developers and GMs purely for testing.

So okay we can't do the quests yet, but I won't be adding to this list because Hammer they have listened to us. Now we just have to wait. biggrin

0 0
Score : 1650

Stuff you might want to add to the list:
Guild armory
Guild Vault (borrow money from the guild vault, with the leader's permission. money comes from collector drop from fights and donation)
Class special spells (you guys should know what i mean)
New Elementary spells (general spells like leek pie)

1 castle for each alignment.
A couple of forts for Bonta and Brakmar.
Mob strength varies (Each map contains at least 3 mobs of each alignment):

• > Normal Map Spawning: 95% Weak-Medium Mobs (Excluding mobs with a "boss"), 5% Strong Mobs
  • > Fort Map Spawning: 95% Medium-Strong Mobs (Excluding mobs with a "boss"), 5% Powerful Mobs
  • > Castle Spawning: 70% Strong Mobs (Excluding mobs with a "boss"), 30% Powerful Mobs
  • > HQ Spawning: 100% Boss Mob (Always a boss on this map and this boss is exceptionally strong), 100% Powerful Mob

NPC Militiaman can aggress NPC Warriors.
Each mob consist of 1-8 NPCs, players are allowed to join fights if it's is not full.
To conquer a map, killing the boss mob in that map is a must.
When a map is conquered, the NPC mob of the opposite alignment no longer spawns until the boss mob of the map is defeated.
New War points system, killing enemy's NPCs drops special items that can be used to exchange for Bonta/Brak only equipments.
0 0

Perceptors do not collect kamas anymore.

0 0
Score : 272

Hey that /special emote that was an idea it though of lol its pretty much a class emote

0 0
Score : 659
Citation
RikkiL :
Hey Hammer, I would add them to the list if it wasn't for the fact since I wrote this thread the rest of the alignment quests are already in the game sir!

Okay okay for those of you who think I am mad.... go read the relevant thread in the Log Book. The alignment quests have been coded into the game already, but are currently only available to a select few players aka Developers and GMs purely for testing.

So okay we can't do the quests yet, but I won't be adding to this list because Hammer they have listened to us. Now we just have to wait. biggrin

Thanks for the headup Rikkil I didn't know. It is nice to know that anakama follows through on things though smile. And I'm looking forward to furthering alignment levels.
0 0
Score : 6200

i have few more that have been suggested before

new alignment quests!

fix the pwince wabbit quest thing. (the one where u change into a wa wabbit) i personally would love to see this fixed. i changed into the wabbit and got cut off due to lag. and when i managed to get back on i wasnt a wabbit anymore so therefor making it impossible to finish the quest.

aggression system thingy. i saw someone suggest that you should only get aggrod by monsters that are in the oposing alignment. like for instance. dreggon place. if it is bontarian alingment then you wont get aggro by them as they will tech be bonta themselves. but brak will get aggro. and vice verser. if its brak then bonta get aggressed and braks dont.
i personally hate pvp. but if this came into place i would actually be semi interested in it as i hate being aggressed by stupid monsters more lol

0 0
Score : 4567

I love this. its perfect.
ankama should really take a look.
mybe a MOD can conmment(note MODs cant effect how devs effect the game, not on a large scale anyways )

0 0
Score : 2601

I didn't see those, I know I mentioned them in the past:

either removal of scarecrows, some kind of appearance rate depending on the ressource, or a tool with +% chance to fight a scarecrow. Because people are tired of getting ash scarecrows but would like to get a lot more elm ones, for example.

A link for the "show square" line: if you click on the text "Rollbacksucks has showed square #250" then the arrow appears again.

Also, many players asked for an option to stop animations (spells and death).

0 0

This list has been updated Rollbacksuckz, the idea regarding Show Square has been added.

Please refer to the July update.

I don't include any in-game functions regarding farming and kama bots in the list as the list of suggestions and appeals goes on forever. The suggestion regarding speeding up deaths I haven't included because its a fundamental part of the game. Maybe it will be addressed in Dofus 2, but I can't see asychronous animations coming into play due to the turn-based system.

0 0
Score : 2601
Citation
RikkiL :
This list has been updated Rollbacksuckz, the idea regarding Show Square has been added.

Please refer to the July update.

I don't include any in-game functions regarding farming and kama bots in the list as the list of suggestions and appeals goes on forever. The suggestion regarding speeding up deaths I haven't included because its a fundamental part of the game. Maybe it will be addressed in Dofus 2, but I can't see asychronous animations coming into play due to the turn-based system.

Yeah, I got kinda lost with 2 threads and all the suggestions.

And for the animation one, I saw one that would cover half of in the linked thread:
New Toggle: 'Show All Spell Effects'. ON by default. Disabling it improves client performance.
0 0
Respond to this thread