FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Damn Bots!

By Dracothepyro November 02, 2008, 16:22:29

I am really sick and Tired of these damn bots! Come on Amkama do something about them!

0 -1
Reactions 23
Score : 2599

Or, please don't.

So far they've shown they do not want capchas for some unknown reason. And all methods they used turned against the players AND THEY DON'T REMOVE THEM.

I prefer either adding capchas or let it be, personally. That or get mods, but for some reason they don't want mods either.

1 0

Hello,

We do know about the Bots Ingame (we don't like them either), we do fight them day by day , here is some numbers (bots banned from our servers) :
215000 Bots removed in June 2008
320000 Bots removed in July 2008
450000 Bots removed in August 2008
900000 Bots removed in September 2008
1850000 Bots removed in October 2008

We are improving our filters too (Captchas can be added/removed too) , we will see what is needed in the future.

Thanks,

Sato

Wow, someone from support posting.
Wow.

As for the numbers, I must say they're a bit lower than I expected. BUT. I'm guessing those numbers include all types of bots from all servers?

So yes the spamming fecas are somewhat annoying, but they're not really harming the players except they have to turn black chat off when passing at those 4 screens. Anyone who saw the feca train can tell there's an incredible number of them and yes they get banned in a rather short time (in my experience, hours at most).

But my problem is with the bots that make the money and also make it impossible to use some maps. The hunter and farmer bots. Now those I know you do not ban as often. But those are in fact the ones doing the most damage. On Rushu, hunter bots could last well over a month and I know farmer bots could at the very least live a couple days (I didn't check if they lasted longer).

And then, there's the fact many methods used turn out to harm real players instead (I'd say all of them, but I guess there's a couple I'm not aware of). I've seen tens, if not hundreds of players complain about getting banned because they were flagged as bots. My drops and XP and kamas are reduced if I fight in the same area for a while. Scarecrows piss me off to no end. And bots adapted to those methods, but those player-harming methods are still in the game.

So really, with 1 million bots banned per month, this could mean an estimate of 50K on Rushu. How many spamming fecas in that? Pretty much all of them I guess. Result: I don't think these numbers matter much because they don't represent the impact it has on the game/players.

PS: thanks for taking the time to respond on the forums. The numbers are appreciated, although I don't think they're very useful in that case. Please post more often smile

0 0
Score : 2182

If Ankama find a way to forever rid Dofus of bots, the 10+ companies that advertise Dofus currency in game will be destroyed. That means maybe 500-2000 people have just lost their jobs and need to find a new one to cater for their families.

I'm not anti-get-rid-of-the-bots. I'm just commenting on a point that hasn't been covered, and I certainly don't support bots being on Dofus. Just to clear that up. smile

Sophidian ^^

0 0

I'm sorry but if you do illegal business to feed your family and you get caught, its sad for your family but you still deserve going to prison or going out of business.

0 0
Score : 768
If Ankama find a way to forever rid Dofus of bots, the 10+ companies that advertise Dofus currency in game will be destroyed. That means maybe 500-2000 people have just lost their jobs and need to find a new one to cater for their families.

Rubbish! Those 500-2000 people (I wish the number were that small!) will just find another game to "support", they certainly will not lose their jobs. they managed well enough until they discovered Dofus, and will continue after.

It would certainly increase the pleasure of this game for me, if they disappeared to another game.
0 0
Score : 1901
tastycheese|2008-11-03 06:34:00
Rubbish! Those 500-2000 people (I wish the number were that small!) will just find another game to "support", they certainly will not lose their jobs. they managed well enough until they discovered Dofus, and will continue after.

It would certainly increase the pleasure of this game for me, if they disappeared to another game.

totaly agreed!

and: everyone rants about bots.. but.. there is another point thats often forgotten: if no one would cheat or buy kamas... there would be no bots!!

but it seems that the number of willing and greedy cheaters and kamabuyers has increased on dofus sad

one more thing.. it sounds a bit paranoid.. but.. i noticed a change in names of hunterbots a while ago.. the accountnames still sound like nonsens like "sdfghjkkll" but the chars names now often sound like "real" characternames and even have the sometimes used country endings like pl or fr..
*ponders* can it be that those are preordered chars, powerlevel'd as hunterbots and later sold to the one who preordered it once the bot got a certain lvl?

edit: ( i took fr and pl for example, so please take no offense if you are from those countrys )
0 0
Score : 3231
Marleen|2008-11-03 09:10:00
everyone rants about bots.. but.. there is another point thats often forgotten: if no one would cheat or buy kamas... there would be no bots!!
but it seems that the number of willing and greedy cheaters and kamabuyers has increased on dofus sad

You are so right. If no one were buying kamas the bots were out of work (and maybe I would too smile ) And I have also seen the change in charnames. But I have my way of recognizing a bot, so I don't think they fool anyone of us MOD's.

//Zoothia
0 0
Score : 517
DELETED BY AUTHOR
0 0
Score : 839

If you detest bots so much... They are practically non-existant on Heroic server. One of it's best qualities.

Best Regards
-Zuuk

0 0
Score : 2182

I completely agree that my experience on Dofus would be better with them gone. And again, I'm not a Robot rights activisit, I was just putting in a different side of the story, which interestingly enough has its own thread with two videos; one commenting on the life of a bot worker and the other a funny WoW player video made from their perspective and what they think of bots.

On this topic, I might try and hunt that thread down. rolleyes

Sophidian ^^
0 0
Score : 222

Well I have a couple of idea's on how to get rid of bots.

1. Simple Question: When your logging in you will be asked a simple question a 6 year old could answer.
Example:
[2+5 = 7] or... If you have two oranges how many apples are there? = 0 (none)
Ankama would have a database of at least 100 simple questions. But a bot can easily detect colors on a page too scan the question and answer it right? There is a way to get past this also.
Ankama would make a link that you would click on too answer a simple question, and the page that popped up would pop up on a different part of the screen every time you clicked the link to answer the question.

2. The ol'serial type: You need to look at a serial number provided by an image.

Just some ideas...

0 0
Score : 87

Hello

What i have been seeing a lot around this forum is a lot of players expressing their frustration against bots.
Another thing i noticed lately is the drop rate "problem" and the worst in my opinion are the prices that some "mats" for crafting new equips are getting sky high.

An ideal approach would be to Remove bots cause they are indeed annoying and ruin the game for many players.No bots means no kamas farmers. In association with improved and better drop rate and reduced amount of rare resources needed for a craft means cheaper equips and lower prices resulting in no more buying kamas need.

To make myself more clear just to craft cape-rings-boots-belt-amulet for my level i need aprx. 45 mil. kamas !!!!!!
The price of 45mil. is extraordinary where most of the players havent seen on their accounts above 4-5 mil and urges them to kamas buying to satisfy their level "needs".

Just some thoughts

Thanks for reading

0 0
Score : 2

Hi,

I couldnt agree more with your opinion. The game is full of bots and kamas sellers. Plus drops rates arent as they use to be. Equips for lvls 180+ need resources from almost all dung and the prices are skyhigh. I think that someone has to do something with this chain of kamas buying and bots. It is about time to take action. Unless if ankama has profit from all this buying and selling of kamas.

Thank you

0 0
Score : 839

They won't ruin the game for me since they don't exist on Heroic server, Oto Mustam.

Best Regards
-Zuuk

0 0
Score : 7686
An ideal approach would be to Remove bots cause they are indeed annoying and ruin the game for many players.

Hey, what a great idea. Remove them! That's all you have to do! Why hasn't Ankama thought of that before? They could just ban one or two bots, and then they'd all get frustrated and stop!

Oh, wait, they actually have banned MILLIONS of bots in the past few months. They banned nearly two million in October alone. That's about 50,000 bots banned every single day And, yet, the bot-runners don't seem to have all gone home crying to their mommies. In fact, there seems to be more of them than ever, in not just Dofus, but every MMORPG in the history of the genre. Maybe, just maybe, "just ban them!" isn't the be-all and end-all solution you think it is.

So, any other brilliant suggestions?
0 0
Score : 87
Schmendrick|2008-11-04 14:07:00
Hey, what a great idea. Remove them! That's all you have to do! Why hasn't Ankama thought of that before? They could just ban one or two bots, and then they'd all get frustrated and stop!

Oh, wait, they actually have banned MILLIONS of bots in the past few months. They banned nearly two million in October alone. That's about 50,000 bots banned every single day And, yet, the bot-runners don't seem to have all gone home crying to their mommies. In fact, there seems to be more of them than ever, in not just Dofus, but every MMORPG in the history of the genre. Maybe, just maybe, "just ban them!" isn't the be-all and end-all solution you think it is.

So, any other brilliant suggestions?

I praise the work ankama does regarding banning bots and i've seen the numbers of banned bots in another post.
Maybe my post was misunderstood, what i imply is to make "things" a bit easier for dropping mats or by reducing the amount of expensive mats a craft needs thus making no need for extreme amount of milions and "block" the way kamas farmers/sellers work.
(By "block" i mean: If i can get mats at prices similar to what i earn i will not have the need to buy kamas from sellers,and if this works as it is supposed then the "job" of buying kamas will end).

An example could be the prices of peki fabrics. In the past they cost less than a half and now they sell for 300.000k each.If you need 10 for a craft thats 3mil and if you need another 5mil for rest of mats thats 8 mil for just ONE craft.
Hope its getting more clear what i want to say with my first post, its not a post of (Ban those Bots).

I dont know about you but surely 40-50 mil for new equips i dont have them and i will never buy them from sellers.
0 0
ALeXOJ|2008-11-04 08:38:00
2. The ol'serial type: You need to look at a serial number provided by an image.

That's a capcha.

As for your first idea, I like the math part. But I disagree with adding other types of questions because people speak MANY different languages, including a couple that are not in the game yet.
0 0
Score : 757

I agree, because some equip's got materials that to drop they got like 1% or less to drop just 1 material and most need many other materials which are hard to drop + some material's are droped by monsters which are hard to get to or take alot of time to reach to.

But like Dofus Egg's that got so low drop rate% are acceptable, because after all they are the legendary item's of the game mellow

0 0