FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Official] Bots

By November 10, 2008, 16:33:03
Reactions 1413
Score : 2596

Using pleayers' help is a double-edged sword. There are many n00bs out there (or just nwbies who won't know what the report system will be for) and bots are "players" too so they can abuse it.

Many times people suggested ideas like "if a person gets ignored 100 times in 10 minutes, it is banned". Bots could just ignore everyone. Some people would gang up on someone to get that person banned. And most people speaking other languages would get ignored, thus banned. And since Rushu has now almost the same number of players in french and english, they ignore each other and get each other banned.

This is why, unless someone comes up with a very innovative way to report bots, I'm against such a system.

0 0
Score : 25

Agreed. The example I gave was simplistic. But I can also perceive that the only resource the game may have to deal with something as complex and dynamic as bots (in a 90-95% efficacy kind of way) are the players. Wish was suggesting a method (which had several good points, raw as it was), I guess the implementation is really what it comes down to.

One point I probably need to clarify; it's not really the players that would be making the decision - they would just be input for an automated server-side decision maker. That's how you unload the Mods and still keep up with all the goofy stuff Botters would throw at the game... I think we can all agree that giving players a "kick" function (in any form) isn't the goal.

And yes - being an international game does make some interesting issues. But not issues that couldn't be overcome.

I'll be thinking about this more... thanks RollbackSuckz

0 0
Score : 969

I dont know did someone mentioned it before me cause I didn't read every replay there is.
How about a system for f2p players that will force them to "rest"? I mean sure it whont help a lot but still they have to pass Incarnam rite? Well they can also go straight to Astrub but what if there were some sort of "Resting System". If you play long it will make your character (this account) weaker. Losing energy, auto-ghosting, immobilizing, making you unable to do anything even trade so u would have to log off from this account for fiew hours. Specialy for things like fighting monsters all the time or smth like that. The longer you are online the the more you lose. Some sort of play time timer.
I think this might help at least a bit. At least it will slower them down.
p2p bots population is lower cause they have to pay. In other word they pay for Ankama and they get banned anyway smile
Besides I think at least some players are trying to help and reporting f2p/p2p bots it they spot them (like myself)
Best way is directly to online MOD but even by sending a ticket.

0 0
Score : 196

One word:
[/b]Runescape[b]

0 -2
Score : 1111

Hmm, I think that accounts should need to be verified through a valid email address before account creation is complete. Perhaps if DOFUS had limited players to one account per email, that may have lowered the number of bot population by a good ammount. Although it would be too late to do that now since there are so many players with multiple accounts running through the same email already.

Since each of these botting accounts have been created suscessfully, even imputted the anti-bot code correctly, this tells us that either an employee of the kama selling company creates the account or they have a very clever system that somehow automatically detects what the code is. I wouldn't think that is very likely but everyone is welcome to debate on that.

The accounts in-game seem to login, logout, move, fight, advertise and everything else automatically. What if there was another anti-bot code you had to imput on the login screen? Sure it may be slightly anoying for players but it would only take a few seconds for a player to look at the code and type it in. This way botting accounts which run automatically will not be able to imput the random code thus won't be able to login.

I'm not sure what the employees would do if there was an anti-bot code you had to imput pn the login screen. Maybe they would have to manually imput usernames/passwords and the code in in order for an account to logon. Compare the ammount of bots with the number of employees there would probably be, it would be difficult for the employees to manage. If not impossible. 1.85 million bots deleted in October 2008... Imagine having to logon that many times in a month and you wouldn't just be logging on once with that character. If it disconnects, you'd have to re connect etcetc. And what, around 100 employees have the responsibility for managing that many accounts?
I personally think the only things the employees need to do are create accounts and possibly manage the website and sales of kamas. Manually logging on just seems so unrealistic for that ammount of accounts being made.

So yes it is impossible to ban every single bot on DOFUS. However it could be possible to prevent bots from logging on in the first place.

Just a thought!

• Rou

(Slayer of over 500 bots... More like 1500-2000 by now!)
1 0
Score : 4277
ViolatorPL|2008-11-25 05:59:00
I dont know did someone mentioned it before me cause I didn't read every replay there is.
How about a system for f2p players that will force them to "rest"? I mean sure it whont help a lot but still they have to pass Incarnam rite? Well they can also go straight to Astrub but what if there were some sort of "Resting System". If you play long it will make your character (this account) weaker. Losing energy, auto-ghosting, immobilizing, making you unable to do anything even trade so u would have to log off from this account for fiew hours. Specialy for things like fighting monsters all the time or smth like that. The longer you are online the the more you lose. Some sort of play time timer.
I think this might help at least a bit. At least it will slower them down.
p2p bots population is lower cause they have to pay. In other word they pay for Ankama and they get banned anyway smile
Besides I think at least some players are trying to help and reporting f2p/p2p bots it they spot them (like myself)
Best way is directly to online MOD but even by sending a ticket.

How about if a player stays at 1hp for 10 or more fights he can't enter the next fight until his hp is at 100%? Again another thing to slow them down/force them to buy bread.
0 -1

They eat bread already. I know the "group leaders" already do and I'm fairly positive the enus also do at least from time to time.
At least, that was back in the days where it was still possible to join some of their fights if you clicked fast enough. I was able to enter and kill them but they'd usually be at full HP in the next battles.

This 1HP system would be easily countered and it doesn't hurt real players much but it would still require some programming time and data storage, so I think it should not be done.

0 0
Score : 4

why not make a new account only can battle like 10-20 times i think that enough to test the game, after that they cant battle again outside astrub city and only can kill the piwi, i think no bot killing the piwi

0 0
Score : 4

because alot of arch at f2p area like tofu sunflower evil dandelion missing in game

0 0
Score : 2043

I've noticed bots are starting to congregate in the jelly peninsula. I've seen groups of them every day for the past week now. Can the mods do a quick sweep of the area? I took pictures and was going to send a ticket, but that seems like a joke in and of itself anymore. I'd be happy to post pictures here, but I'm not sure what the best method is to report p2p bots anymore. What are my options?

0 0
Score : 364

How exactly are the bots registering so many accounts so quickly? I know they are doing it automatically, but how are they getting past the anti-bot confirmation image?

~1st Idea~
I read earlier on that the bots weren't using the normal clients but using clients of their own that don't display anything and just react to the packets that are being sent from the server itself. I also read that they all log on on their own. If the bots can't see what is on the screen itself, then Ankama should put a anti-bot confirmation image on the log in screen. They won't be able to read it and therefore leave the spot blank and not be able to log in. At most this would be a minor annoyance for real players who would be able to do it.

~2nd Idea~
Bots move around from map to map fighting monster after monster without stopping for hours or days(not sure how long they actually run). So they can go through 20 fights in 10 minutes. Real players don't because the main goal for them in groups is normally experience or items so they fight higher lvl mobs and the fights take longer. I think a system could be created so that players would have to confirm themselves by answering a question or typing in a randomly generated code IF they have been in more than 10 fights in 10 minutes. When the question or image opens it could give them the "Overloaded" effect of not being able to move or do anything until they get a right answer. That would make them stop right in their tracks. If they don't answer or get a wrong answer they are immediately logged off and need to log in again.

If you mix my 2nd idea and my 1st idea together, the bots would need to confirm themselves constantly (when they log on/when they are fighting/when they are logged off for a wrong answer they would need to reconfirm themselves to log on again)

Wow, that took forever to write... ok tell me what you guys think biggrin

0 0
Score : 3230
Aubrie|2008-11-28 08:46:00
I've noticed bots are starting to congregate in the jelly peninsula. I've seen groups of them every day for the past week now. Can the mods do a quick sweep of the area? I took pictures and was going to send a ticket, but that seems like a joke in and of itself anymore. I'd be happy to post pictures here, but I'm not sure what the best method is to report p2p bots anymore. What are my options?

You don't have to send a ticket, make a post on 'Contact an ingame modo', what server and where you seen them. We try to look on places where bots usualy are, but p2p areas are more random, and to get a note when they are back is great help.

//Zoothia
0 0
Score : 2666

There was an update posted recently on the devblog about botting and Ankama's response to their existence:

http://devblog.dofus.com/en/posts/32-updat...ainst-bots.html

-Wish

0 0
Score : 274

rikkil...your words scare me.
i am not so sure poor country makes the bots.why are u?bec they are poor?ohmy
u scare me indeed angry

0 0
Score : 1111

Hmmm not sure if it's just me but there seems to have been a large increase of Cras the past few days on multiple servers.

Also bot names seem to be more natural now, like a normal player would use. Not just random giberish. That's not so new however.

-Rou-

0 0
Score : 364

The more normal names are due to the random name button that is on the character creation page ;]

-Nate

0 0
NateMosiman|2008-12-02 18:10:00
The more normal names are due to the random name button that is on the character creation page ;]

-Nate

Makes me wonder how many possible names there can be... there must be an upper limit - unless when bots are deleted the 'name' they was using was also removed from the database.

Ejszem, I was referring China (Gold Farming) - an interesting read... and as rammed down our throats these days China is far from being a 'poor' county and is rapidly turning into a superpower.
0 0
Score : 214

This may sound dumb.... But what is a bot?

0 0

Bot: a robot. Basically when you see a player doing strange things such as joining fights at the speed of light thousand times in a row, or spamming websites in Astrub, it's usually a bot.

Bots are not slowed by "reflex speed" and fatigue, so they do the same thing over and over again.

0 0

After reading Gold Farming once again I have come to the conclusion that Ankama should introduce an Unbalanced Trading and Quest Point system. Of course quests already completed by players must be taken into account when introducing such a system.

If two players are trying to trade between one another and they have both accured a high number of QPs (say more than 10000 for arguments sake) they can freely trade between other, but if either of the players has accured anything lower than 10000 points then a trade is not possible.

0 0