FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Official] Bots

By November 10, 2008, 16:33:03
Reactions 1413
Score : 2596

That would royally piss off everyone trying to level up new characters, everyone having mules, and everyone having low-level characters with jobs.

I'd agree for a quest point system only if the whole account counted.

0 0
Score : 4

right i have had enough.

im new to this game and only started yesterday ok?

right i read the first page of this topic and was amazed despite all the things the mod was saying you were still going against it like wtf??

it true i use to be a mod for rs and you have no idea of the amounts of bots i banned a day , it literally took the fun out of the game. as the mod said in the first game botting is there way of earning money and i have 2 solution's which helped reduce the numbers of rs bots by a little at least.

1) the bots are usually working for kamas selling site you could try and ban them all .... etc

2) make a special type of mod/gm. the type of mod/gm will only have the right to ban players , but not just to ban random players they must pass threw and "senior" or "experienced" mod. these mods wont be paid but will be volunteers. with the different amount of players playing dofus i would say you would be getting at least 2 mods from every different time zone on ech server thus making the mod runs 24/7. This way the company would not have to pay any money at all and have mods to ban botters , also my friend wrote a file with can seek out botters anywhere and get there "internal I.P" (dun ask me what it is no idea) which always stays the same even when you use a proxy or something like smart hide this way the botters will not be able to make anymore accounts. Currently its not working as good as he would want and hes given me permission to sen dto you guys when he finishes it if u want it it might help a lot.

well thats all i got to say.

P.S: someone give me a gob set plz tongue

peace and out

main> yppgunz119>rusha>whiskyjacks>feca
alt>falmeee>rusha>whiskys>iop

0 0
Score : 4277

Excerpt from the Closed 'Damn Bots' thread:

Rollbacksuckz:

I want to bring up the fact that if you powerlevel less, you're probably going to have more money when you reah level X and thus equips for that level will be more affordable to you. My main character's level is not exactly 180, but I don't have money problems regarding equips for my level. I didn't powerlevel much.

-------

I agree with this 100%. Players are always in a rush to hit level X, but when they reach level X the goal-post moves again. Oh I'll just get to level X+X then I'll save for item Y.. ah nvm I am now at level X+X+X I don't need item Y instead I'll get item Z. OMG item Z costs Vkk I only have V/100kk I am such a noob... nvm I will continue on to level X+X+X+X and worry about it later because prices 'have to come down soon, i'll let everyone else farm stuff'.... except they don't for ages because the majority of players have the same lazy-ass mentality, 'It's someone else's job to do the repetitive crap'.

Of course the price does fall eventually, but whilst your powerleveling that once sought after item becomes less appealing... as does the next and the next after.

The game needs people Drop Hunting and Less Leveling... A Good Player = One with good equipments, the level alone means nothing.

ie. A level 80 Player (any class) wearing Prespic is a disgrace. I only ONCE wore Prespic in my early days and that was when Reflect worked the old way and ONLY on Moon Island against them Tikokokos.

And just for the record Rambo may have been the first to have reached level 200, but the other thing that people remember him for is his pathetic gear - he wasn't worthy of his level at that time.

0 0
Score : 508

I dont agree much to the drop hunting thing, when someone comes along an jumps into a group an the game gives that player the drop I am or the group is after. And this person runs off with it, this happened me loads of times in dungeons an at the Arenas. I also wish there was a +1PP scroll like that +1 to spell points, cause I have a terrible time trying to get drops cause the PP lock for the item I am after is alot higher than I can ever get on my own. My friends tend to be busy or mostly off-line so I have no choice but to hunt the item alone 98% of the time.

Go with some Enus' an have them help out, those are the players that are stealing my drops an then they totally refuse to hand the drop over; even if players agree to some rules when opening souls at Arenas, there always low lvl pleyers there who jump fights at the arena to steal item drops all the time, an I'm getting tired of it. I'd prefer some "Drop Lock" in the fights, if a player doesn't kill nothing.. then he/she gets no 'drops or kamas' from the monsters in a mob. (xp he/she may still get, its fine with me) Moowolf Scalp

0 0
Score : 4277

My grievance wasn't over the PP/Lock System aside from dropping Dofi its perfectly sound.

My grievance was about the general mood in the game, lazy ppl and the general lack of understanding Dofus game mechanics. Why don't people have a go at farming Cheeken Plaits? The drop lock is low enough - but the price is sky high. Sure the fights last longer, xp is crap, but like I say when you level up you don't magically find 100kk in your bank just for purely leveling your char.

And the game mechanic I was referring to.... A Mob is either for XP or for Drop. In Dofus the two never cross - because they design it that way.

0 0
Score : 4

This has nothing in common with bots just give some suggestions about bout bots and boy about pp lock or drops. anyways this thread is about how to deal with bots k got to the suggestions forum or somthin tongue

0 0
Score : 1331

If you ask how can bot do ..? It is simple they just can. I have played Silkroad for a while but got disgusted with community but not bots(but if you want know more about bots then there is a lot of articles about this game).(Mod delete this part if it breaks rules)

Personally they could deal with spam bots easily by disabling public messages in this area.(there are couple places only where they spam).

0 0
Score : 154

Hi sorry in advance about the quality of this post, its my first in this forum biggrin

0 0
Score : 2

anti-bot means that some random mechanism is needed to prevent the whole dofus from been annoyed by the spams, for example, the exit points on each single map have constant coordinates, hence a automatic program could collect whole information for this and drive its bot to run from one map to another. however, supposed that, the exit point could have a random position, i mean, vary in a short range, but not constant, this could make the bot-program fail to identify and maybe stop. of course the program possibly make use of some image processing method to look for the exit, but, the dofus could adopt different kind of exit icon, and different color, this is very simple for players to learn, but hard for program to adapt. and lot of such kind of mechanism could be introduced into the system, as long as it does not affect the user experience too much

SirGawain|2008-12-24 07:33:00
Hi sorry in advance about the quality of this post, its my first in this forum biggrin
0 0
Score : 1872

I'm completely in favor of integrating a captcha in game for, say, every 10 fights. That way, the screen is frozen until the player types in the correct code. Players could have a 'captcha counter' to tell them how many fights to go until the next one. This might anger some people at first but quite honestly it's a small price to pay. It seems like it would hinder the bot creations/convenience/quickness to the point where they are useless.

Or you can make it so that the captcha system works only for a certain length of time (first few hundred fights) and once it is proven that the player is an actual human who can unlock the screen whenever a captcha shows up, the system is canceled and the players can go ahead and live their lives. Then after a certain number of fights (few hundred or a few thousand), the captcha system returns.

I think this would dramatically reduce the number of bots because they are no longer useful because it requires human interaction.

0 0
Score : 1872
AirFour|2008-12-20 22:43:00
If you ask how can bot do ..? It is simple they just can. I have played Silkroad for a while but got disgusted with community but not bots(but if you want know more about bots then there is a lot of articles about this game).(Mod delete this part if it breaks rules)

Personally they could deal with spam bots easily by disabling public messages in this area.(there are couple places only where they spam).

This won't work. Lot's of players simply leave their characters to go do other things for long periods of time. It would be really inconvenient if someone left their character to go eat dinner only to come back to find that they're a ghost.
0 0
Score : 37

I posted this in another thread, but it got closed because I'm guessing this is the official bot discussion thread... Anyway, I woke up this morning to try and play the game, and there are more bots than there were two days ago. Same names, and they're all running around grabbing up every monster on the map, making it almost impossible to level.

0 0
Score : 1586

i got an idea its : how about searching for the computer that make that bots and bust him , good idea , right ?

thanks for every thing ankama games biggrin

0 0
Score : 152

Have you noticed spambots are getting more annoying every day? Honestly, I feel it is now easier to steer clear of Asturb at all rather than plow through four screens of

CHEAP KAMAZ www.stupidwhore.com BUY NOW!!!! 43

every time i have to get, say, from zaap to the bank.

As far as i can tell, Ankama is trying to fight this with some kind of text analyzing ban system (judging by the way spam messages are getting weirder and weirder) and an ocasional moderator visit (I've seen them working couple of times - boy that was satisfying!)

But that doesn't seem to work - too many servers, too many spammers, not enough Ankama employees.

So i think it is a great idea to let players fight those pests on their own.

The easiest and the most obvious way to do it, i think, is to count how many times people have ignored a certain character. If somebody gets, say, 50 ignores - I think it is safe to assume we have a bot on our hands, so preferred course of action would be kicking the character off the server, banning the account, banning that IP address from creating any new accounts and probably finding out the physical location of spammer's computer and nuking that place from orbit.

What do you think of that idea, fellow forum readers?

0 0
Score : 11655

So far you can ignore the spam bots, but I'm sure ankama is working on how to get rid of them.

0 0
gumbotron|2008-12-27 20:39:00
The easiest and the most obvious way to do it, i think, is to count how many times people have ignored a certain character. If somebody gets, say, 50 ignores - I think it is safe to assume we have a bot on our hands, so preferred course of action would be kicking the character off the server, banning the account, banning that IP address from creating any new accounts and probably finding out the physical location of spammer's computer and nuking that place from orbit.

No. Time and time again ideas such as "after X number of ignores they get banned" is not a good ting because of possible abuse. By real players and by bots. Personally I ignore all the frenchie nuisances I find. Frenchies probably ignore me too. Now, imagine a frenchie writing in the Buying channel. How many people do you think ignore him at once? And the same thing goes for any language. Basically the most popular language would pretty much kick all the others away.

And then, there's the possibility of harassment. Say 20 people are online in your guild, on top of 20 friends. You ask them all to ignore Chevalier-Deladoom because you don't like him. And then you ask them to ask their friends to ignore him as well. Quite possibly after a few minutes, mister Chevalier-Deladoom will be kicked.

And then, there's bots. The day bots decide to use that system, everyone is screwed. How fast do you think they can click on everyone on the map and ignore them, then go to another map? VERY fast. After a few minutes, most of Astrub could be kicked. And also, remember that there are some P2P bots : they could do it as well.

And this is why I am against that type of system.
0 0
RollbackSuckz|2008-12-27 21:37:00
No. Time and time again ideas such as "after X number of ignores they get banned" is not a good ting because of possible abuse.

Abuse can be dealt with.

At the very least number of ignores is a great way of attracting moderators' attention.

Also, you can always run an automated human/bot check when some character hits the ignoring threshold. Spambots are easy to spot - always standing at the same area, always shouting the same or very similar sentence, they are always level 1 characters. They get ignored constantly and at a steady rate while potential abuse victims or "frenchies at the trade channel" will get a lot of ignores at the same time - a huge peak on ignores/time graph instead of a steady line.

I don't know what kind of statistics Ankama keeps, but surely there is something to work with.

RE possible ignore-bots - i don't think they can make much trouble. Amassing 50+ bot-driven characters on the same map is simply not worth the effort - you will have to set up several computers, monitor all the bots constantly - just for the satisfaction of getting someone checked by moderators.

Naturally, feature like this will require some extensive testing, but I think it is possible to tune it up the right way.
0 0

I often see people spamming the same things over and over again when I go to Astrub. Example:

BUY ---ACORN---10kamas---PRESPIC PEAKS---50kamas---

and

I need kamas to open bank, 572 kamas ploxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!

and on a french server, I saw screenshots similar to this:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH Rushu is under maintenance!

You would ban them? Or just kick them? If so, how much time till they can come back?

And yes, it would be a bit of extra work for a botter to make it so their bots ignore everyone on sight and get them banned. Would you put that system into effect, knowing with a bit of work bots could screw up the game so badly on such short notice? I would not.

0 0

Allow people to move their characters from one server to another...
Then I could leave the bots of rushu behind me, and you know the bots are taking up so much room I apparantly cant log on because the server is full.

And if you can pull up a massive list of accounts linked to a single bot... couldnt you just, delete them all, no questions asked?
Update your filter and put a report button in... or like... a new server, invite only.

Maybe, a very, very strict filter system, which players can impose on a bot, if it fits the category the bot gets deleted, along with all of his little friends.

If mods copy and paste a few of the bots messages into the filter then anyone who types it gets deleted... every single bot writes the same thing, with a number on the end... so just type enter that message minus the number, anyone who types it is deleted... sounds simple to me.

Or yeah, pop ups or something that ask you to do something, hitting enter obviously ends with the character choosing to have his account deleted.

I think you have to be real mean to get rid of them.

0 0
EvaPilot|2008-12-28 20:22:00
And if you can pull up a massive list of accounts linked to a single bot... couldnt you just, delete them all, no questions asked?

I know I can create a couple accounts in a matter of minutes. So creating new accounts is definately no problem for bots.

And I'm pretty sure there are bots on all servers except Oto Mustam and possibly Jiva. Because those 2 have restrictions to join.
0 0