FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Official] Bots

By November 10, 2008, 16:33:03
Reactions 1413
Score : 5240
Syawla|2010-11-09 03:07:00
An earnings restriction was suggested several ties in the first half of this thread and was rejected for numerous reasons. Also 1kk is ridiculous. Certain f2p quests pay nearly that much.

the fact that certain quests earn that much is not relevant but anyway. Why not limit the kamas you can earn, and all the extra money goes to a special bank, and when you subscribe you get the money back.
0 0
Score : 2131

The mentioned methods to stop bots are fails. Proxies for dofus, used in school since gaming progrmas ect were banned. Kama earnings, they still drop mats. They sell mats. And, they could easily relog another char on the account or another account, not hard. Boxes appearing, thats more of a hassle for players as bots get programmed. Many programs out there where you input for what the bot does voila *hits im not a bot* and they do stuff automatically like cancelling challenges. TERMINATOR lol bots taking over as "the system".

~KAN~

0 0
Score : 2417

More Volunteer moderators still seems like the best option..
What Im trying to say is that the path towards becoming a moderator is too long for it to be profitable to the cause of getting rid of all those bots.
I for one would spend an hour a day putting those spammages in jail with love.

And in case being able to trust people would be a matter, ive got this to say:

One current Moderator bans 100 bots per day (i have no idea of the actual numbers, this is an example, a percentage..)
If Ankama was to loosen the current standards, say the amount of moderators multiplies by.. twenty. (Its off limit, I know..)
Due to so many more people being moderators, the individual efficiency decreases, as well as the cooperation.
One moderator can ban say.. 10 bots per day.
If there are too many volunteer bots however, things may get out of hand and people may get banned due to power abuse by the new mods.

Now imagine: The moderators we have now, get what you can call, a ''higher standard''
The ''higher'' mod could checks the volunteers instead of doing it himself, allowing them to focus on different things then removing the spammers.
People feel as if they're being more listened to, and the moderators get to help people more and spend less time random banning.
The new volunteers help banning and feel as if theyre helping the community, which is good for the overall dofus mood.
And of course, there could be a small team of 1-2 ''checkers'' per server, that keep track of the banning and reasons of the new ones, to make sure any mistakes are corrected and the one who made them is removed from their function.

Result: 2x more bots banned, better mood around the game, people feeling like they help, and moderators being able to do what they are there to do, instead of clearing all the damn crabots.

This is all very black and white of course, but its an idea.

Edit: Ok I used the wrong word while thinking T.T, mistake, please don't mention it again.

0 0
Score : 2131

Haha i would love this, but becoming mod takes az while. Should hav a ban that kicks all in the fight to make it easier, although might have this. Only prob is making a new acc takes just a minute to spam a new army.

~KAN~

0 0

Removing the random button would make a solution for this..

Ive never even seen someone who actually uses it, as there is a message in a person's name

0 0
Score : 4479
prepare-to-die|2010-11-09 18:11:00
Removing the random button would make a solution for this..

Ive never even seen someone who actually uses it, as there is a message in a person's name

one of my character's names came from the generator.

to be more relevant; limiting the earnings a player makes would basically kill any possibility they have of getting subscriptions through ogrines, as well as killing the effectiveness of ogrines as an anti kamas buying measure. limiting it to 2kk a week means a genuine player has to either play for 105 weeks (with last checked prices) to buy ogrines, or find an alternative method of getting kamas (buying from the bots ogrines are meant to reduce).
0 0
Score : 804
prepare-to-die|2010-11-09 17:56:00
Volunteer moderators still seems like the best option..

I for one would spend an hour a day putting those spammages in jail with love.

And in case being able to trust people would be a matter, ive got this to say:

One paid Moderator bans 100 bots per day (i have no idea of the actual numbers, this is an example.)}
One Volunteer moderator does not work quite as often, but bans 10 bots per day.
If there are too many volunteer bots however, things may get out of hand and people may get banned due to power abuse.

Now imagine having 20 volunteer Mods working under one paid Mod.
The paid mod checks the volunteers instead of doing it himself, making his work easier.
The volunteers help banning and feel as if theyre helping the community, which is good for the overall dofus mood.
and saying one volunteer would do 10% of a paid Ankama employee, the efficieny is doubled.

This is all very black and white of course, but its an idea.

I was under the impression that the Mods are all volunteers.
0 0

Yes but that's not exactly what I ment...

I edited that, lol T.T

0 0
prepare-to-die|2010-11-09 21:55:00
Yes but that's not exactly what I ment...

I edited that, lol T.T

laugh
0 0

what about this idea to stop bots:
f2p can only be in groups of 2, exept in the dungeons

0 0
formulamonster|2010-11-11 18:29:00
what about this idea to stop bots:
f2p can only be in groups of 2, exept in the dungeons

Two is a little harsh... four maybe..
0 0

in f2p there isn't any tough fights outside the dungeons. Maybe the restriction could be 4 for the crackrocks, for low lvls they are quite tough

0 0
Score : 4479

group restrictions mean nothing to bots. i've seen level 50 bots killing gobblies outside astrub. what makes you think limiting the number of people in a party will affect them?

0 0

it won't stop them, just make them less profitable, and hopefully not worth it

0 0

Even if people find a working solution to lower the amount of bots, theres still (as far as ive heard) over 1.000.000 MK stacked on accounts...

Maybe if ankama would have a few random searches done to ''suspicious'' accounts, we could find something, because honestly i think every account cleaned would get rid of a few hundreds of millions of kamas.

Just another thought.. but the kamas keep massing, and in the end, they will be able to keep their bussiness going for what? 10? 20 years? even without bots..

0 0
prepare-to-die|2010-11-11 21:38:00
and in the end, they will be able to keep their bussiness going for what? 10? 20 years? even without bots..

We cannot know how long, we would need statistics, although 10 years seems a bit high

0 0
formulamonster|2010-11-11 20:53:00
We cannot know how long, we would need statistics, although 10 years seems a bit high

(Gonna try to dumb this down simplify this a bit so everyone can share in the fun... so yes, I know, it's not super technical. If you want technical rewrite it yourself) D;

Well, it would be impossible to acquire actual statistics but it is possible to estimate. Because we're attempting to estimate how long the business(es) would stay open, if and when all bots were eliminated, we only need to estimate data for ONE company, and we can ignore start up costs and Bot-maintenance as well as all associated fees. We do, however, need to take a look at what these companies have invested, earned, and accumulated. So let's assume...

A typical "office" category of company (typical, not large) has an average of 20-30 employees who use a computer. We can therefore assume that our Sample-Bot/Kama-Selling Business (SBKS for short) has 25 computers.

Each computer is capable of autonomously running many programs at one time. Let's assume each of our computers runs an auto-typer (for sales), an IP-rotator to evade detection, an automatic updater for their kama-selling site, an account generator, and 10-20 Dofus accounts ( 5 characters each). We can pretend, for argument's sake, that none of the accounts are p2p.

In a 24 hour Dofus Marathon, playing only one low-level character in Incarnam, it is feasible to assume an income of 20,000 kamas, and another 10 - 20,000 in mats. Keep in mind, characters need raise nothing but chance, because they aren't meant to last. No kamas are needed for food, equipment, scrolls, etc. So any kamas earned are pure profit. (Note 20kk is a very low estimate because they NEVER have to log off, pause, go potty --- never. Not for anything. They don't worry about leveling, so they can drop mushrooms (and luigi's and sporms) all day everyday if they want.)

Assuming they can only run 10 accounts per computer, they have 50 characters on each PC, times 25 computers = 1250 characters. 40,000 kamas (in kamas and items) * 1250 characters = a very low estimate of 50,000,000 kamas per day. That's 1,500,000,000 per month. Let's say Ankama's lovely Mods manage to eliminate 1/10 of their bots each day and they lose 1/10 of what that character had earned. That's a loss of 500,000 kamas/items per day which is 15,000,000 per month, bringing total gross monthly income to 1,485,000,000 kamas.

Assume they sell half of their kamas. Hell, we're being generous, let's assume they manage to sell 2/3 of them. They still have a bank of 494,999,505 kamas each month.

If this company had only been in business for 1 year, they would have a bank of 5,939,994,060 kamas. Assuming they sell the same 990,000,000 kamas each month (approximately), that they had been selling before the bots were eliminated, they would stay in business for 6 months without any bots.

This is with a very small, inefficient, newly made company.

Some companies have over 100 operatives running programs capable of managing thousands of characters, some of which are p2p for YEARS. And 40,000 kamas per day is a low estimate. Let's say 100kk per day and 1000 characters per operative. That's 10,000,000,000 (yes, 10 billion) kamas per day, or 300,000,000,000 per month. If they sell only 2/3 of them (let's assume 200,000,000,000 kamas sold) they are left with a deposit of only 100,000,000,000 kamas per month, or 1,200,000,000,000 per year. If they have done their ONLY real job and stayed in business for 3+ years, they have amassed a grand total of 3,600,000,000,000 kamas. (That's 3 trillion, 600 billion.) Without bots to advertise, the lose all but repeat business and word of mouth, cutting them down to half their profits, and although that's still enough to live off of.. ouch.
Anyway, they are now selling 100 billion kamas per month. 3,600,000,000,000 Divided by 100,000,000,000 = 36 months, or 3 years.

I'm going to say that 10 years is a bit high for an estimate. I'm also going to say that 3 years is a long time to keep living off of the profits of a business that no one has to put any effort into.

I have no idea if these companies are capable of more or less than this, however I'm sure they would manage to survive for quite some time, even if bots were completely eliminated. Meanwhile, we are trying to think of ways to merely reduce them to a manageable level, and they are steadily banking more kamas. I bet by the time a permanent solution is found they will be able to stay in business for 10 years.

Just my opinion. xD

~Syawla
0 0
Score : 1898

hello

the true problem are not the kamaseller or their bots.. no.. the ones truly to blame are those cheating kamabuyers!
without kamabuyers those companys would make no cash and had no reason to use bots and pester dofus..
the problem is.. how to find the black sheep? thats not as easy at it seems.. because transfers of millions of kamas between two characters are often equipmentsellings or borrowing kamas between friends...
if there would be a way to identify illegal kama trades and punish both the cheater and kamasell accounts it would be much more effective than killing of the bots..

NO mercy for kamabuyers!

0 0
Score : 2872

Two words, one solution, three outcomes: proxy blocker...

0 0
Syawla|2010-11-12 00:10:00
I'm going to say that 10 years is a bit high for an estimate. I'm also going to say that 3 years is a long time to keep living off of the profits of a business that no one has to put any effort into.

I have no idea if these companies are capable of more or less than this, however I'm sure they would manage to survive for quite some time, even if bots were completely eliminated. Meanwhile, we are trying to think of ways to merely reduce them to a manageable level, and they are steadily banking more kamas. I bet by the time a permanent solution is found they will be able to stay in business for 10 years.

Just my opinion. xD

~Syawla

And, if you had read my post more carefully, you would have noticed that i claimed exactly the same wink
0 0