FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Official] Bots

By November 10, 2008, 16:33:03
Reactions 1413
Score : 152

well.... how about a maximum number of accounts per IP address or something? sure, if one is deleted you could make another... but at least there would not be so many bots around.

And just because they can make more accounts, doesnt mean you shouldnt be deleting them all at once. By not doing it your just letting them accumulate, as represented by the stats you gave in the first post.

0 0
Score : 2597

Well, not long ago Wish said soething along those lines:

EDIT: first page of this thread:

One time, trying to get a list of all the accounts attached to one bot, the list was so long it literally crashed my client.

So I'm pretty sure they do ban every bot attached to each other (I'm guessing by IP) wink
0 0

which reinforces what I just said...
Just someone needs to work out a way of doing it automatically

0 0
Score : 2666
EvaPilot|2008-12-28 13:53:00
which reinforces what I just said...
Just someone needs to work out a way of doing it automatically

This has been suggested in the past, however, there are some IP addresses that are legitimately attached to dozens of accounts. University IPs, for example, can quite often have many accounts attached to them, and all the players who own the accounts might not even know each other. It would be unfair to prevent them all from playing. Internet cafes in crowded areas may have the same issue.

This is why Ankama uses the moderator team to identify and mark bad accounts and the IPs that go with them. These IPs are then added to the game's filters.

-Wish
0 0
Score : 38

I wondered if it might be possible to add a feature allowing players to "flag" a character as being a bot? (Via the clikmenu etc?)

If enough unique flags were accumulated within a short period of time (say >100 in an hour), as if everyone passing by a zaap flagged a spambot, the account could get suspended. This would save the mods lots of time and effort, and make the players feel like they were lending a hand to a nearly impossible problem.

0 0
Score : 2666
Wojnar|2008-12-28 14:27:00
I wondered if it might be possible to add a feature allowing players to "flag" a character as being a bot? (Via the clikmenu etc?)

If enough unique flags were accumulated within a short period of time (say >100 in an hour), as if everyone passing by a zaap flagged a spambot, the account could get suspended. This would save the mods lots of time and effort, and make the players feel like they were lending a hand to a nearly impossible problem.

You might want to read the rest of this thread, Wojnar. smile

-Wish
0 0

How about an ignore indefinitely button?
I dont like having to ignore the same bots every time I log on

0 0
EvaPilot|2008-12-28 20:38:00
How about an ignore indefinitely button?
I dont like having to ignore the same bots every time I log on

Spam-bots, in my experience, rarely last more than an hour.
I once tried inviting them to my guild and after a couple minuts, they would be gone (but there would be new spam-bots to replace them).
0 0
Score : 319

IDEA. . . how about you bana bots ip so they cant log use dofus on their computer again.

0 0
alex-dofus-king|2009-01-08 07:01:00
IDEA. . . how about you bana bots ip so they cant log use dofus on their computer again.

I'm trying to find where people suggested this 10+ times and we kept saying it wouldn't work, but I can't find where sad

Basically: proxies counter this. And you mess up internet cafes, schools, etc.
0 0
Score : 402

i have a pritty radical idea, and i know its going to annoy a lot of people.

if the main problem is farmer bots,
and in order to keep these going they need money,
and money makes the world go round.

so: money makes the dofus world go round right?
players in game always need money.

well the soultion to this seems pritty simple to me. as AQ did ( yes i used to play, i was that sad. ) introduce kama sale to ankama itself. if the players can buy it from ankama then they will not buy from the bots. i think i am right in assuming that rosal 1mk is about £15. so if ankama kept up its current efforts to kill bots, and sold their own kama at an undercut price, (with a limit on amount per month say to stop people just amassing money) then they will eventually go bankrupt no?

kills the player demand, which i believe was one of the solutions wanted earlier.

any thoughts?

0 0
Score : 3521

It would remove any hard work from the game, as instead of working for say a Dora Bora via earning Kama or dropping the mats, why not just go and buy 2mk(Rushu money) from ankama for £2-4, each time you want a new item or whatever, just spend a couple of £'s and you got it - Removes all the players hard work, and professions would become void.

MOD Bokze

0 0
Score : 402

is true, but would solve the bot issue. i'm just firing off another idea into the mix for people to mull over. i never said it was perfect smile

0 0
Score : 3521

It would solve the problem, well, i don't actually think it would - They would simply put them cheaper than ankama's... But it would completely ruin the economy, ruining the game IMO.

MOD Bokze

0 0
Score : 118

Greetings all!

I would just like to let the creators of Dofus to know that I have worked to get now at least 4 people, both old players and new players alike, into Dofus. Unfortunately, each time I have done so, I would come into the tutorial/low level area and try to help my friends with quests, and each time I would be trying to find a high level mob only to have an ARMY of Bots go from one side of the screen, agro just about everything on the map, and then move on to the next screen.

When it comes to farming quests, as a lot of the quests require you to hunt creatures, often times rare creatures and the drops that they cary, it is rather difficult to do so when there are a good 5-10 different Bots on the screen taking everything as they are running from place to place, agro to agro, in very quick short order. I find this to be extremely irritating, as if it were an actual player, I could at least have the opportunity to try to join the group and even if not trying to level, at least try to farm these drops with the other players.

Either way, those four players, despite all that I have said to try to keep them in the game, have been detoured to other games. I find Dofus to be a good game, though even I have to admit that the Botting has gotten ridiculous in low levels. I would definitely hate to see how bad this has gotten in the higher levels as I'm sure players and bots alike are farming for both scroll materials and kamas, selling them on actual online markets in order to make real money.

Since my joy of the game, as well as the enjoyment of the game for my friends, have all been detoured, all I have is two questions! Why, oh why, has botting become such a fad in this game, and why haven't more resources been invested in order to diminish these Botting characters. I understand that some things have been done to make it harder for botters, but if I'm seeing sometimes up to 10 or more Cras, all looking the same and moving from screen to screen, not stopping once and making it so I can't report them as you can't determine a players name while they are moving, then its a clear fact that something seriously wrong is being taken advantage of in a rather silly proportion.

But then again, this has been the case for over a month now, but when the experience has been the same for multiple weeks and on two different servers (Rosal and Solar) I honestly do not believe its just something thats happenstance, its a regular problem and its being ignored. Despite this, I know that this could just be an exageration of my observation, and if it is what can I do to make my own, as well as my friends, playing experience more worth our time and prevent machines and programs from taking the fun out of the game.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter,
Entromancer

0 0
Score : 11665

Mods are probably trying to get rid of it but in another 30 minutes they are back. =(

0 0
Score : 743

Ah, are those bots. I was wondering where that train of dwarves (Enutrofs) was running to all the time and where Snow White was. Maybe kidnapped by that family of identical-looking Cras tongue

But I've never seen them do anything other than high speed through screen after screen. Have you seen them stop to fight?

0 0
Score : 342

Ok so recently i've seen people complain ages about bots. Whats really that bad about them.

Does one person standing in one square chopping at a piece of wheat for 5 hours really bother you that much? Sure they can steal a good tofu mob or two, but there are a lot more than what these guys are taking, Plus most of them just killing arachnees moskitos and stuff like that all day. Not a great deal of harrasment.

Im just wondering, whats the hype about Bots?

0 0
Score : 354
switchview|2009-01-22 06:30:00
Ok so recently i've seen people complain ages about bots. Whats really that bad about them.

Does one person standing in one square chopping at a piece of wheat for 5 hours really bother you that much? Sure they can steal a good tofu mob or two, but there are a lot more than what these guys are taking, Plus most of them just killing arachnees moskitos and stuff like that all day. Not a great deal of harrasment.

Im just wondering, whats the hype about Bots?

Bots over farm resources (Not farming as in standing and gathering wheat a lot but hunting monsters that drop scrolling resources and other resources.) which in turn drops the prices of those resources for other people, the buyers get a break in price sure, but the people who actually go out and do the work to get the resources to sell them have to lower their prices, even if their prices were reasonable to begin with.

Not to mention that the bots are not being played, they are just there doing one task over and over and over with no one at the computer. They also are used to farm those resources to make Kamas which in turn the person who created the bots sells in real life. (As in they give kamas to someone who didn't work for them at all for real life money.)

Arachnees and Moskitos drop items that are used for scrolling, arachnee legs and moskito wings which is why the bots go after those by the way.

Anyways, it messes with the economy of the game, which is why it is a big deal. What may not seem a great deal can in fact be a huge deal.
0 0
Score : 3617
Scorpeidies|2009-01-22 09:33:00
Bots over farm resources (Not farming as in standing and gathering wheat a lot but hunting monsters that drop scrolling resources and other resources.) which in turn drops the prices of those resources for other people, the buyers get a break in price sure, but the people who actually go out and do the work to get the resources to sell them have to lower their prices, even if their prices were reasonable to begin with.

Not to mention that the bots are not being played, they are just there doing one task over and over and over with no one at the computer. They also are used to farm those resources to make Kamas which in turn the person who created the bots sells in real life. (As in they give kamas to someone who didn't work for them at all for real life money.)

Arachnees and Moskitos drop items that are used for scrolling, arachnee legs and moskito wings which is why the bots go after those by the way.

Anyways, it messes with the economy of the game, which is why it is a big deal. What may not seem a great deal can in fact be a huge deal.

doesnt help the fact ankama messes the economy even more by putting ever retail price down to 0 to try and reduce bots. yea it got rid of a few but its pretty obvious they have found new ways. there never going to get rid of them so i think they should put everything back up.
0 0