FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Official] Bots

By November 10, 2008, 16:33:03
Reactions 1413
Score : 7489

As it is, to report a bot you're meant to send an annabox to a Mod....

So could just have it auto-open Annabox, input a Mod's name into the send field, auto-add a screenshot of the bot and then leave you to add a message before sending.

Just makes it slightly easier than having to come to the forums to find out who the Mods actually are.

0 0
Score : 3071
xzaosllama3|2013-08-23 16:04:34
As it is, to report a bot you're meant to send an annabox to a Mod....

So could just have it auto-open Annabox, input a Mod's name into the send field, auto-add a screenshot of the bot and then leave you to add a message before sending.

Just makes it slightly easier than having to come to the forums to find out who the Mods actually are.
I still don't know which mods to ankabox,I see loads of bots when im off leveling and I check up on their char pages to see what kind of bots they are,it is incredibly disturbing.

Damage Sadida bots with their little jellix cra armies hunting leek pie from Gargoyles,Miner bots polluting the mines,Lumberjack bots with 100 LJ gathering junk from Scara plain/around gobball corner zaap.... its just depressing really.

Im getting tempted to go back to World of Warcraft just to get away from the bots.
Since 2007 my whole game has revolved around professions and helping out the community,bots are making it difficult for me to enjoy playing anymore.
0 0
Score : 1066

I think Ankama could attempt to recruit more people to get rid of bots, decrease the number of servers.. or at least stop the creation of new ones (since they don't have enough people to care of them and players are complaining about how their servers are dead).
Also, offer a better/faster way for players to contact support/people responsible for bot issues, That "New: Contact a Mod, More ways to find in-game help!" isn't good enought for that purpose.

0 0
Score : 243

when somebody wants a profession make it so mod has to check the character out first.
pretty sure not that many people join every day apart from bots.

0 0
Score : 191

They really should improve the reporting system.

I'd imagine most of the time when a player sees a bot they don't bother reporting them because the reporting system at the moment is ridiculously drawn-out and roundabout.

As an aside, a way to lessen the bots' impact on players would be to adopt the node system that exists in Guild Wars 2, whereby each node is individual to the player.

Some might say this would make things too easy, but in actuality all that would happen would be that people would be farming the required amount of resources in a shorter amount of time which, as far as I'm concerned is fair game as the profession system at the moment is also something that needs a revisit and revise.

Of course, this would reduce the necessity to have maps filled with resources, but this could simply be balanced out by reducing the number of said maps.

0 0
Score : 5164

Hello fellow dofusians,

We know them all, bots, those who're programmed to follow a specific line of code, with one leader and many others forming a big flock of characters collecting all kinds of resources. For about the beginning of the game, to this day on, they've been active, collecting their resources and selling them for kamas. But this time around, it's even worse. We all know bots are capable of subscribing theirselves and going out to there where many players hang out and doing their professions. Well, guess what, there are some scarce resources which take a long to regain and the bots are each time taking it away, making it impossible for us, the players, to collect them. On top of that, there are some who are constantly spamming their phishing site and giving private messages. Never before something this big happend.

This is coming from a small server called 'Darkvlad', almost 5 years old, this server is still very young and must make progress to get their economy on par with the others. Because of this, the bots are a trouble for us all. Making it impossible to gain progress. Because Darkvlad is so easy, it's a piece of cake to sell their kamas for money, resulting normal players advertising their kamas for sale, they also put the largely collected stuff in shops and put them for sale, vary from equipment to resources.

But enough about our server, the real question is: is this also happening in the big servers, like Rosal or Solar? -Those who are actually already largely developed, but having new players troubling with their professions. Is there a big difference in the servers who're controlled by moderators and those who aren't? I'm very curious and wonder what your experiences are.

I write this among many others who're experiencing this; those who aren't able to train, gather or harverst with their profession. I'd appreciate your thoughts about the subject and the "growing" amounts of bots.

Thanks for reading!

0 0
Score : 1227

I actually witnessed a bot collecting Kaliptus Wood the other day. I usually see them running around the breeder village killing Dragoturkeys. I wonder if the multiple Sadi's I see in Eltneg Wood/Fire Pandala/Sidomoote Moores cutting trees are also bots? They're all the original color... I'm from Rosal by the way. The only one that struck me as weird is the one cutting Kaliptus. It's smart enough to get away from aggressive mobs. It's also a Feca with a name like mmjkmm when you type in /whois...

0 0
Score : 42

I have that problem to, everyone does for his own profession. Dofus is a big game so its needed to take care of the epidemic bots. HELP US!!

0 0

Yes, a lot of new type of bots are witnessed. The most common ones are Cra's, which you usually see fighting mobs.

0 0
Score : 6

I agree.

0 0
Score : 42

And Sadidas in the mines and maybe another chars but its really needed to take care of this bots /Ankama

0 0
Score : 1305

From my view (Rushu), the last private message I've gotten from a bot was several years ago. It's quite common to see them in Brakmar as they have a tendency to use Recall Potions a lot. I'm not sure if they go to Bonta, though it'd be a perfect place to hide because of the fact that it's heavily crowded in the zaap and bank areas. As for Amakna, I've seen those rabid squirrels store their acorns in the bank and resume killing off gobballs and or boars in the area. The recruitment and trade channels have occasional bot messages (only from one bot, nothing that dramatic).

I've also noticed that they are disguising themselves a bit better. One had a White Rat Helmet and an Elya Wood's Cloak and another with the common low level damage set (but the Kannibal Mask was replaced with the Champo). I've even seen one with full Soft Oak set on months ago. If it wasn't for the fact that they keep the original colors of the class (along with the fact that they keep spectator mode off in the nubby areas and also their silly names), it'd be a Salem Witch Hunt trying to find out who is or who isn't a bot. Heck, they are starting to use the Bworky pets.

As for professions go, I've seen mostly farmer bots and miner bots (and maybe a few lumberjack bots).

I might not be looking in the right places. Then again, why waste an entire P2P subscription that was dedicated to only hunting down bots? tongue

0 0
Score : 82

I recently returned to the game and am working on leveling a miner and lumberjack.

There were 5 (5!) bots in the mine near the sadida temple. 3 sadidas and 2 cras kept the copper and cobalt rooms totally bare while sometimes venturing over into the iron/bronze rooms. The amakna forest mine had 1 bot working the iron, copper and bronze spawns. Leveling mining hasn't been too fun, but at lvl 26 I am getting past some of the bot competition.

For lumberjack, I have seen what looked like a team of 4 (changed maps at the same time) working eltneg wood. Other than that, I have only had competition from other actual players (which I don't mind a bit).

I now understand why copper was (last I checked) only less valuable than dolomite and obsidium on Rosal.

0 0

Have you guys actually bothered reporting these bots?

It's all well and good making posts to discuss them or complain about them, but if you're not actually actively trying to help to fix the problem, then why should your complaints be listened to?

Not to mention there's already an official bot thread, and recently Izmar posted a thread containing an interview with the head-bot-exterminator-person.

0 0
Score : 27367

Today there was a bot at the Village Zaap on Solar sending pms in French/Spanish to advertise his kama selling site. First time I have seen one of those in at least 2 years.

0 0
rubenetguy|2013-09-05 02:59:22
Have you guys actually bothered reporting these bots?

It's all well and good making posts to discuss them or complain about them, but if you're not actually actively trying to help to fix the problem, then why should your complaints be listened to?

Not to mention there's already an official bot thread, and recently Izmar posted a thread containing an interview with the head-bot-exterminator-person.
Because it's well known how bots act and behave, but recently the numbers of bots are only increasing considerably.

I picked some subjects and gave a little view how it's "damaging" our server, while asking others to give theirs. I know that there's a bot tread, but it's easily overlooked by those who already know of the bots or actually don't really care, because it's mostly about how to "treath" them. This shines light on another subject, namely us, the players who are affected by those, not the economy.

My goal with this topic is to show how serious this actually is and how it affects us.
0 0

The problem isn't as horrible as you are trying to make it out to be, it is annoying that you can't level your professions, but it doesn't break the game by having bots.

1 0
Revil-Nunor|2013-09-05 03:49:26
The problem isn't as horrible as you are trying to make it out to be, it is annoying that you can't level your professions, but it doesn't break the game by having bots.

Annoying for Miners maybe, I'm personally having no trouble leveling my Lumberjack. There was a bot running around a couple days ago being a pain, but I reported him the day I saw him and he doesn't seem to have returned.

Tuckers,

Ankama knows that bots are a big problem, and posts like these (while well-intentioned) don't draw any more attention to the problem than the attention it already has. If you see a bot, the best thing to do is to screenshot the /whois and /time and ankabox a Mod. There isn't anything else you can do about them and threads like these aren't going to kill them off unfortunately.

It just annoys me to see people complain about bots when they contribute nothing to their eradication and when Ankama already has a full team working full time (who are completely unappreciated by the way...) to try and get rid of them.
0 0

I hear that the Miner bots are especially fast, but the Moderators already said they are paying increased attention to the mines, so they are doing what they can. If you see them report them, otherwise just suck it up and make do until Ankama is able to more anti-bot measures that will curb the bots for a few weeks.

And some day Ankama will figure out the right countermeasures which will forever rid us of bots. Think positive.

1 0
Score : 1937

A moderator cannot ban any bots if they cant see them or identify them! Other than sweeping the usual areas and the mines, there is very little they can do if you don't report what we find so that they can ban bot groups asap. Everyone knows how they hinder resource hunting and profession gathering and that they are getting smarter, that their behaviour is evolving, etc. If you don't at least get the bots name via /whois and a screenshot sent to the mods via ankabox, not much can be done about them. Also, its good to remember that the mods are volunteers so they probably don't spend all day running map to map cleaning up every server at all times and as a result, they rely alot on these reports.

0 0