FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Official] Bots

By November 10, 2008, 16:33:03
Reactions 1413
Score : 7681

What do you mean, "fix" bots? Bots are not a simple problem that can be fixed in a single sweep. There are dozens of grey-market Asian companies that each hire hundreds of employees to create and run thousands of bots. What, exactly, do you want Ankama to do that they're not already doing?

0 0
Score : 3053

You can always report the bots... That helps a bit, but it's hard to fix bots since it's nearly impossible to stop people from using scripts to automate anything in-game.

0 0
Score : 2865
AestheticAwesomeness|2014-03-06 21:06:57
You can always report the bots... That helps a bit, but it's hard to fix bots since it's nearly impossible to stop people from using scripts to automate anything in-game.
I have reported bots for ages and the same god damned bots are still in their mines.
One i have personally been keeping an eye on has almost reached level 100 miner and its been there for almost a week now.

Im beginning to think the mods don't care about Rushu anymore.
And I know they are the same bots because their character pages are still saved in my browser history >.>
0 0

Given that I cleared out the Rushu mines of all bots just yesterday (as well as the day before, as well as the day before that), I know the same bots have not been there for a week.

If you're really seeing the same one over and over, PM me its name, and I'll go look for it.

MODRaiu|2014-03-07 22:12:42
Given that I cleared out the Rushu mines of all bots just yesterday (as well as the day before, as well as the day before that), I know the same bots have not been there for a week.

If you're really seeing the same one over and over, PM me its name, and I'll go look for it.
While not 100% of the bots are there for a substantial amount of time, a few are, and it's the longer surviving bots that are the biggest problem.
Whenever i try to pm a mod (I only know of one who is available to pm, two now if we include you) I keep getting an Error message saying the recipient's Inbox is full and the message cannot be sent.

I mine quite often,same with cutting wood so I see a lot of bots and people showing signs of suspicious activity, but the only thing stopping me from reporting them whenever i see them is the problem stated above.

Bots are a plague on this game and many others,and the people who suffer the most are legitimate players so if there is anything I can do to make the mods jobs easier, feel free to let me know, I will do everything i can to help combat these selfish people.
0 0
DragonmasterLance|2014-03-09 10:06:53
MODRaiu|2014-03-07 22:12:42

While not 100% of the bots are there for a substantial amount of time, a few are, and it's the longer surviving bots that are the biggest problem.
Whenever i try to pm a mod (I only know of one who is available to pm, two now if we include you) I keep getting an Error message saying the recipient's Inbox is full and the message cannot be sent.

I mine quite often,same with cutting wood so I see a lot of bots and people showing signs of suspicious activity, but the only thing stopping me from reporting them whenever i see them is the problem stated above.

Bots are a plague on this game and many others,and the people who suffer the most are legitimate players so if there is anything I can do to make the mods jobs easier, feel free to let me know, I will do everything i can to help combat these selfish people.

There is actually a list of moderators you can message!

You shouldn't be getting that error, though... If you run into that error, definitely let Izmar know that you're having technical difficulties contacting a particular moderator and it can be fixed =)

As far as reporting miner bots goes, we do sweep the mines regularly as Raiu said. But, for some reason or another, sometimes the occasional menace will slip through the cracks and simply not be online when we do our sweeps... If you're noticing a problem and you're absolutely sure it's the same account, that's something you should shoot a moderator a message for!

Thank you Fiora,Olned and Raiu, I have just messaged Izmar regarding the problem, it seems I am unable to message anyone with [MOD] in their username, but I was able to message Izmar first time.
I am sincerely grateful for everyone's assistance in these bot plagued days, if my reports can help Moderators locate new bot areas then I am glad to finally stop zaap sitting and do something productive with my subscription time.

0 0
DragonmasterLance|2014-03-10 05:05:52
Thank you Fiora,Olned and Raiu, I have just messaged Izmar regarding the problem, it seems I am unable to message anyone with [MOD] in their username, but I was able to message Izmar first time.
I am sincerely grateful for everyone's assistance in these bot plagued days, if my reports can help Moderators locate new bot areas then I am glad to finally stop zaap sitting and do something productive with my subscription time.

That problem is fixed, there was an error in the Moderators' Ankabox rights.

They all should be available for Ankabox messages now. =)
Izmar|2014-03-11 14:55:00
DragonmasterLance|2014-03-10 05:05:52

That problem is fixed, there was an error in the Moderators' Ankabox rights.

They all should be available for Ankabox messages now. =)
Awesome, thanks heaps Izmar.
0 0
Score : 198

Hello everyone,

What really bothers me when I'm trying to level my miner are the bots.
I know that they get banned regularly but there are just too much of them and reporting every bot you see takes a lot of time.
Isn't it easier to just make a report button for bots?

0 0
Score : 7681

"Easier" in what way? I mean, yeah, it'll be more convenient for players, but you're still going to have to wait for a moderator to come online and check the reports, and they'll have to weed through all of the reports to determine which are legitimate reports and which are griefers trying to get players they don't like banned... and, worse, the bots themselves could abuse the system by reporting everyone they see, burying the legitimate reports.

I mean, it's a good idea in theory, but it's hardly a one-step solution to all problems. It has plenty of problems of its own.

0 0
Score : 1284

There are ways to stop the bots for good! Nearly fool proof methods. Here is one solution: First you make free 2 play a separate server. So that nothing collected during free 2 play ever enters the other servers economy. The other servers will be subscription based only and you must register. If a bot is found on the subscription based server they would lose their subscription and their info from registering would be recorded. What if someone transfers coins to a new account and then buys ogrines, then uses that account for a bot? Then they will lose everything on that account when they get banned and if ankama wanted to they could track who dumped 5 million coins on a new account. They also could make it so you had to have a level 50 character or 500 achievement points or some other requirements to use the ogrine exchange. I do believe bots could be stoped 95-99% gone, if Ankama wanted to.

0 0
Score : 16950

Making a f2p server WILL NOT happen. It's too much of a hassle to make a server for people who aren't even paying for the game.

0 0

Wow what a close-minded response. What's so bad about getting rid of F2P on all the other servers and making one F2P server to test the game? If it solves the bot problem, I don't see a hassle at all. Isn't it more of a hassle to ban 1000 bots a day, over every server?

0 0
Score : 25944
Arcade11|2014-03-27 01:50:59
Wow what a close-minded response. What's so bad about getting rid of F2P on all the other servers and making one F2P server to test the game? If it solves the bot problem, I don't see a hassle at all. Isn't it more of a hassle to ban 1000 bots a day, over every server?
It is a hassle to those who are not a bot but wants to test the server before subscribing. Do you really think that legitimate players will subscribe if they get to test the game in a bot infested server without subscribed members to interact with?
0 0

What benefit does a bot have from running on a f2p server that consists of nothing more then starting area's and none of the items or loot they collect can be traded with other servers?

0 0
Arcade11|2014-03-27 02:14:55
What benefit does a bot have from running on a f2p server that consists of nothing more then starting area's and none of the items or loot they collect can be traded with other servers?
Nothing, but what benefits will Ankama gain from running an f2p server that will be useless to legitemate, non-bot players who wants to test the game before subscribing?

If you want to separate the bot by creating an f2p server, why not just remove the f2p's, because that is exactly what will happen and there will be no new players coming into the game.

You have to understand that f2p contents are intended to give new players a chance to try the game and entice them to subscribe. Limiting f2p contents will also mean limiting non-bot f2p players.
0 0

A f2p player can get on play for as long as they want see all there is to see and then if they want subscribe. In which case they can move 1 character (per account) and the contents of their inventory (not bank) over to the p2p server of their choice. I don't see what they are missing or how they are being limited.

0 0
Arcade11|2014-03-27 03:35:59
A f2p player can get on play for as long as they want see all there is to see and then if they want subscribe. In which case they can move 1 character (per account) and the contents of their inventory (not bank) over to the p2p server of their choice. I don't see what they are missing or how they are being limited.
1. A botter can subscribe one of his alt for one week to transfer the billions of kamas he has accumulated in the f2p server.

2. A non-botter new players will not even be encourage to subscribe if all he see are f2p's and bots...

3. And even if a new player miraculously decide to subscribe, he is limited to just transferring one character out of all the character the he spends a lot of effort to level?

4. And what will happen to players who's subscription run out? Will all his character be unplayable in P2P server and all of them be kick back to f2p servers and only one will migrate back when he decide to renew subscription?

etc... etc... etc... (to lazy to write all the wrong thing about a separate f2p server, we could go on forever).
0 0

lots of solutions to those minor problems
1. f2p members can only hold so much money say 1000 or 5000
2.f2p members can't trade amongst themselves consider it a perk of subscribing

plus there should be 0 bots because they have no reason to be there

What happens if p2p loses sub? they are limited to chatting on the p2p server till they subscribe again

There could be a way through ogrines to bring more players off the f2p server

Nobody has yet to name a problem with my suggestion to stop the bots that I agree is a real problem, most of which are trivial and can be solved easily thinking outside the box

0 0