FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Official] Bots

By November 10, 2008, 16:33:03
Reactions 1413
Score : 27402

They do do that. Botters just change their IPs, lots of people who get the "banned" message when they try to log in get it because they are in an IP range that has been banned by Ankama because of botters using it at one point or another.

0 0
Score : 18

I've probably made less than 10 posts in almost a decade of gaming with this game. So I obviously have to get this off my chest. Nothing is more frustrating than scrounging enough spare money to play this game, and only to get 30 kolos a day, all from bots. This is mind numbingly horrible. My gf, who is new to the game, LOVED playing as soon as she started. Killing the monsters quickly became dull however. The immediate next attraction was killing other players, with her boyfriend, a manly sram dressed in all black and the ability to protect her with the use of cloaking magic, while she can surprise enemies by being right beside them, and unleash her wraith as an agility based ecaflip.
Such is a disappointment when you can't use your abilities vs all these bots. Used to before, you couldn't find a match in 2 hours of waiting for kolo and when you do, it was considerably unbalanced. Now we're getting maxed out and banned from kolo,(5 fights per hour is the limit) without a single honorable win. Most people don't complain, because they get free xp and tokens. But for me, after playing for so long. I don't care about lvling up my pvp alt too quickly. I don't care about the useless tokens which are now so prevalent, they're worthless too. When kolo first started on my server, spell scrolls would sell for 1mk. Now you're lucky if someone will buy them for 250kk. This isn't even the worst part. The WORST part is you can never go solo into kolo now, BECAUSE YOULL END UP WITH USELESS TEAMMATES WITHOUT ANY GEAR.
Obviously Amanka is working to rid the servers of bots because every maintenance, they disappear for about 2 days. But they somehow figured their way back into the system. I have a couple solutions to where you ATLEAST don't end up with a useless partner.

1. Require gear to kolo. This should be fundamental anyway. Idc if a real person is missing 1 or 3 pieces to a complete set. That can be worked around. But should ANYONE really be allowed into team pvp with NO GEAR? It's not fair to anyone involved in the kolo. Opponents want gratifying wins while teammates want fair matches. Atleast that way, if you're stuck with bots, they have to have gear on.

2. Find out who is receiving the benefits from these bots AND BAN THEM! It's quite obvious these bots are beneficial to someone. Someone is receiving those spell scrolls, someone is farming those tokens. And even if its going to 3rd party site, ban the buyers because they're breaking the Terms anyway. I have played 8 years+ and never bought from a 3rd party site. Respect the loyalty of older players not manipulating markets and other's experiences for their own benefit.

3. Remove kolo related rewards. Or at least make them considerably harder to get. Maybe have tokens based on winning an unbalanced match, or killing someone by using a wall, or pushing someone into rogues bombs or srams traps, to show competence in battling. Almost like achievements. Maybe you can get a tokens reward bonus for being the last one alive or following challenges in kolo as in pvm. You guys come up with the details, I'm sure this probably sparked ideas.

4. Make servers international, obviously y'all want to do this already, but it would surely cut out on some of the long waits or fast max outs as you will have real, 20 minute long battles.

5. Make a pvp server. Where you can just pick your level, gear and everything else like guild wars does for example, without the tedious, and trust me AWFUL gear grind. How many people WANT to kolo but can't because their gear is far too expensive to complete without hundreds of mk? At some point, as a business, we must ask do we want more people not subscribing because of a frustratingly complicated gearing system or do we want subscribers even if they only want a dumbed down version of the game to pvp? Their are separate servers, such as shadow and oto which fulfill their function perfectly, even though shadow doesn't have much appeal with no extra bonuses.

Some people don't find the thrill in fighting 30 minute long pvm battles for useless resources and xp. This is because, once you've level multiple characters passed 100, only to find you want something different or want something too much for what you can achieve, the xp doesn't justify the time spent. I've spent YEARS leveling up characters. I'm kinda over that. Some people just want to play the game like chess and beat another skilled opponent. We've seen what happens when big title games try to base their games specifically for pvm like DIABLO 3 for example. They just become crappy games, because their is no long term dopamine boost and the pvm is dreadfully boring, because the grind is for no higher goal, such as being the best.

I already dislike how in pvm, I can't find any unique gear, any dofus, or any pets without having to craft them (still not unique), grind absurdly long quests or raise them for months. Even ethereal items, which there is a set limit of (kinda defeats the purpose for special items that disappear, when they're all a like and not nearly as compatible as their crafted counterparts) Crafting gear is becoming more and more obsolete as people find its far easier to just make KK and buy the gear from markets. So for some people, such as me, the only fun comes from beating a competent opponent or losing to a well organized team (there is much wisdom and fun in losing too), so all these pvm dungeons, where you have to have some so specific happen to win, are really useless for me. There is no surprise on how to kill Royal Pingwin, there is quite a surprise when a team of osa/iop/eni clashes with a rogue/sram/eca.

I would like to close with, Amanka has made an INCREDIBLY unique, one of a kind game, with characters that speak volumes of the developers and designers creativity. I really believe this company has created one of the best games ever, and with a little bit of buffering, this game could seriously be something I try to invite friends to play. But as it stands, I can't convince people to start out at level 1, collect hundreds of different resources, have to know 8-10 different crafters for their needs AND THEN need a team to get anything done. It's just not reasonable. I can convince people to play a game where killing people is the objective. I REALLY think the potential with this game lies with the characters they created and how we can pit them and their Gods against each other. Make it more about your awesome, unique in every way characters and less about the monsters. The long term of any game eventually leads to pvp, and its really sad when thats not the goal. It's awful to see people who grinded their way up to 200, only to be then grinding guild xp. Its truly unfortunate to watch this happen, because to me, if I had put that much effort into one char, at max level only to wind up in xp groups again, sounds like a good time to quit.

Thanks for your time, I certainly have devoted my own, and wish all a great life.

-zeus

1 0
Score : 7682

I'm not sure what most of that has to do with bots.

They already ban people who profit off of bots. Nerodos has said several times that if you fight bots in the Kolo, thinking to get an easy win, you will get banned. (In fact, from your description, you and your girlfriend are near the front of the line to get banned, because you actually fight the bots for easy wins, even if you don't enjoy those easy victories)

I also don't like your conclusion, that everyone is playing for the sole reason of getting to 200 and PvPing with other players. I hate PvP, even team PvP. I'm not a strategic genius who can out-think my opponents seventeen turns ahead (which is required to play some of the classes these days, particularly my poor revamped Xelor), so I get yelled at by my team, mocked by the opponents, and stressed out by the whole affair. I just don't enjoy it.

I enjoy fighting monsters. I especially enjoy fighting bosses, when they're not insanely overpowered like a lot of endgame Dofus bosses tend to be, but that's another topic. I like gathering resources to make items, not having it all handed to me on a silver platter. Granted, some of Dofus' recipes are needlessly complex, but, again, that's another rant. I obviously have problems with the game, but "less PvM, more PvP!" is not the solution to those problems for me.

But I definitely don't understand you saying (to conflate two different parts of your post) that PvM is boring because you fight for a half-hour, and only get some XP and resources, but then you suggest that they remove or reduce the rewards from Kolo? So you want people to fight for a half-hour, and potentially get nothing, and that's MORE fun? That doesn't sound like fun to me at all. That sounds pointless. Might as well do challenges if you want that.

But, again, most of that has nothing to do with bots. Fighting bots will improve PvP, but PvP is not the entire game, nor is it the only place that they infect. Really, the solution to the Bots In PvP issue is the Interserver Kolo, which will drastically increase the sheer number of actual humans who are signed up at any given moment, so that the bots won't be guaranteed to fight each other (and so will drop out, because it's a waste of time, and for bots, time is literally money)

0 0
Score : 738
Schmendrick|2015-03-11 16:33:57

They already ban people who profit off of bots. Nerodos has said several times that if you fight bots in the Kolo, thinking to get an easy win, you will get banned.

What....??? So if I have a char lvl 150 for i.g and I get bots on my team or vs them, I can get banned because of this ? Are you kidding ? How can you say if the person was thinking about an easy fight or not, can they read minds or what ...

This is beyond stupid.
0 0

You find nothing suspicious when you get level 150 Sacriers on your team with default colors, no points in any characteristics and their sole action is to cast fury twice a turn?

Nothing strange about that at all?

If you make the choice to stay in a fight with bots because you know it is an easy win, you're still breaking the rules in the ToU that you agreed to. And when you break rules, you generally get punished - the same way you do in real life.

0 0

I obviously know it's a bot, but this doesn't seem fair at all, so you want the person to leave the fight and wait 30min to register for another fight ? what if you get bots again ? and again ? never kolo ?
That's ridiculous, that person didn't choose to be there, some people need to kolo for tokens -> pebbles and then sell to subscribe.

I'm really shocked with this omg, time to warn a dear friend of mine who is low lvl AND neeeds to kolo to subscribe that he can no longer do it, because he often fight bots, which he hates, he'd love a normal fight, but he can't control that.

0 0

I have only seen Kolo bots be an issue once on my server, and for a couple weeks it was really bad, but then they added some anti-bot features and they went away. They haven't been back since - so you're implying these measures didn't make it to your server? If bots could beat the system on Rosal, I'd imagine that they would then apply the same changes to every server; in the interest of making more money.

And given that you're playing on a server that is bigger than Solar, I find it hard to believe that you have more bots and less people koloing at that level range when no other server seems to have that issue. And as always, if you see bots fighting in the Kolossium you can always Ankabox one of the active Moderators and have them clean it up.

If you see someone lying unconscious in the street, are you gonna take their wallet because they aren't able to stop you? That is the equivalent to fighting bots in the kolossium to get cheap wins, thus enabling people to steal from Ankama.

The rules are the rules, break them at your own risk: there is really nothing else to say. Most everyone has issues with one rule or another, but this isn't the place to voice those issues.

0 0
Score : 25952
Revil-Nunor|2015-03-11 17:28:20
I have only seen Kolo bots be an issue once on my server, and for a couple weeks it was really bad, but then they added some anti-bot features and they went away. They haven't been back since - so you're implying these measures didn't make it to your server? If bots could beat the system on Rosal, I'd imagine that they would then apply the same changes to every server; in the interest of making more money.
If indeed this anti-bot measure is working, then there won't be anyone getting banned for profiting on kolo bots.

Revil-Nunor|2015-03-11 17:28:20
If you see someone lying unconscious in the street, are you gonna take their wallet because they aren't able to stop you? That is the equivalent to fighting bots in the kolossium to get cheap wins, thus enabling people to steal from Ankama.

The rules are the rules, break them at your own risk: there is really nothing else to say. Most everyone has issues with one rule or another, but this isn't the place to voice those issues.

The analogy is not very appropriate... The case here is that you are trying to earn by fighting legally in a full-contact mixed martial art fights. Unfortunately, you were match against some criminal and there was a law that states that whoever fight these criminals are to be punished. Your only choice is to forfeit the fight and give the price money to those criminals making them richer while you are severely penalized with a sanction for forfeiting your fights and you cannot get fights for a while.

Yes, rules are rules but I just don't see the merit in fighting bots by giving them easy kolo wins thus increasing their kama/token generation making botters richer while real players gets banned.
0 0

Yes, there are several fights with bots. bots vs bots, bots and players vs bots and the list keep going, but they are here for sure.
My point is: players are suffering for something that they can't control, they don't choose or want bots in their team.

Such thing doesn't affect me because I kolo alone with my chars(they're all 200s,so I have no issue with bots) most of the time, simply because I don't trust random fights.

But just because this doesn't affect me doesn't mean I can't have empathy for people that NEED this system. Players shouldn't be punished for something they can't control like this.

If you wanna believe or not it's up to you, I have no interest in trying to convince you.

0 0

Hello,

I'd like to make two things clear.

Schmendrick misquoted me. What I said, several times indeed, is that if you fight Kolo bots, aiming to get an easy win, you might get banned. Because a bot sweep would simply not differenciate you from the actual bots. And then, Support gets final say, but last I heard, their stance is that battling Kolo bots is agains the ToU (something Revil-Nunor pointed out, by the way), and as such the ban sticks.

And, since this discussion already happened, I'd like to refer you to the original topic, in order to leave this one to its intended purpose.

Thank you all.

Score : 2

Not sure if this is the correct spot to put this and I apologize if not but here goes; I am getting tired of every time I warp into asturb zap I get a whisper from a bot telling me go buy our crap. Why hasn't a program or whatever is needed been implemented that if you say certain phrases over and over in a short time you get banned. These bots are hitting everybody that warps there the same message and if you don't ignore or make enemy it will repeat every couple minutes.I know these guys are getting banned because I have an enemies list a mile long, but that would make so mods don't have to patrol them.

0 0

There are limits already (such as a limit of messages per f2p account per day), bots simply adapt to work around them.

0 0

Hi everyone!

Recently, the mod team has opened an official Twitter account @DofusMods_EN. You can report any bot you see by tweeting its name and server to that account, no screenshot required.

Please read this for more information and guidelines before tweeting!!!

Score : 6686

Anti-bot measures need to be at the server and client level or not at all.

If a prospective anti-bot measure has the potential to be frustrating to players in the game, such as every in-game anti-bot measure taken in the history of Dofus, then it should not be implemented as an anti-bot measure. This is because what is frustrating to players is not frustrating to bots, and what is frustrating to bots is not frustrating to players. Players don't care what happens at the server and client level; they only care about what happens in the game. Bots do not care about what happens in the game; they only care about what happens at the server and client level.

Ankama has been using a flu vaccine to treat an upset stomach. All the anti-bot measures so far which involve changes in game content have been complete failures. You don't make a web page that says "hey bots, come check out this web page!" in your attempt to secure a computer against hacking. That would be insane, but that is exactly what Ankama has been doing! Rather, you secure your firewall rules, etc. -- everything the normal cool players like us wouldn't even care to know exists.

0 0
Score : 3

i hope this works

0 0
Score : 1708

Make them part of the game and let us HUNT them for rewards !!!!!

2 0
Score : 5157

when people want to subscribe make them show their passport like you do to normal players that
need help from support.

0 0

That would be a lot of work, and would be a real hassle for a lot of people. Ankama only requires identification for help with accounts because French law requires it.

Hard to see them adding a step like this when it both may not work, and will be pretty hard to enforce or implement.

0 0
Score : 5157

How about making the tutorial compulsary like on runescape.
If it takes like 30 mins to an hour to get through this would cut down on
bots also if the tutorial had random questions when speaking to npc's
that change every time and make it like the death bridge keeper and
when you die you have to restart the tutorial.

0 0
Score : 75

Being said that boats using fraud, credit card or so for paying its subscription
It appears in every server
It is well organized
it is persistent
it is annoying

this kind of thing really a SERIOUS PROBLEM that need to be taken care ASAP... NOT BY banning every bot that appear in the game...

Ankama should fix this from its root (I don't quite know how to) it's sure different with normal player bots that will disappear after banned
so different measure should be taken.

0 0