By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

[Official] Bots

By #[MOD]Wish November 10, 2008, 16:33:03
Reactions 1412
Score : 12736

Nope. This wouldn't solve the issue at all.

It is trivial for a dedicated botter to use new email addresses and phone numbers on a regular basis.

0 0
Score : 1863

You know what will stop botting all at once? People stop buying from them ...

2 0
Score : 115
Afladrol|2016-12-29 21:30:08
You know what will stop botting all at once? People stop buying from them ...
You know its way to easy now to bot right, atleast alot of the botter will stop botting cause its more of an afford.
0 0
Score : 180

How about we make a new server that takes anti bot measures by selling kamas cheaper than the bots can and if items become currency then sell items cheaper, if power leveling becomes a problem sell experience scrolls for less. We can also do a different method. Remove trading completely from the server and ban any payment for leeching offers. Also be strict on ip addresses and account info so no one is passing there account around to be leveled.

0 0
Score : 4

If adding a "captcha" before the battles, would solve the problem?

0 0
Score : 3141

No, bots will just use programms that auto fill captcha in less than 0.001 sec while players would be annoyed a lot more.

Btw I think this captcha idea has already been suggested numerous times in the past, so you didn't invent a bicycle, sorry.

Edit: why can't I type "

" symbol ??
0 0
Score : 7634
Gataum|2017-01-19 12:16:31
If adding a "captcha" before the battles, would solve the problem?
A CAPTCHA is already required to create a new account, and the botters create lots of new accounts daily. Why do you think that botters can pass one CAPTCHA easily, but two is out of the question?
0 0
Score : 5459
Before I start, I just want to say that I'm aware of the thread to report bots.
But this still isn't effective enough, as I've literally just passed hundreds on my way to the mine north of Astrub.
People have literally stopped caring enough to report them as it has become a daily task.
I travelled through more than 10 mines yesterday which had been stripped of everything.

Anyway, I have a suggestion: Bot Watchers (basically a mod).

Basically, to help Ankama manage, people can sign up for Bot Watcher positions.
Of course, there should be strict requirements to prevent abuse.
E.g.
- At least one level 200 character on the account.
- At least 2 years subscribed.
- Account older than 4 years.
- At least 100 posts made on the forum.
- Account holder over the age of 18.
- Active at least 1 hour a day for 4 days a week.

What do bot watchers do?
They can either flag the botters account and IP or kick them from the server.
The system will later ban any offenders flagged, and they can appeal for an unban if proven innocent.
However, appeal only works twice, third time is permanent ban.

Other games have done this and have been successful with little abuse.
3 0
Score : 43
Mitisukai|2017-04-07 12:15:11
Before I start, I just want to say that I'm aware of the thread to report bots.
But this still isn't effective enough, as I've literally just passed hundreds on my way to the mine north of Astrub.
People have literally stopped caring enough to report them as it has become a daily task.
I travelled through more than 10 mines yesterday which had been stripped of everything.

Anyway, I have a suggestion: Bot Watchers (basically a mod).

Basically, to help Ankama manage, people can sign up for Bot Watcher positions.
Of course, there should be strict requirements to prevent abuse.
E.g.
- At least one level 200 character on the account.
- At least 2 years subscribed.
- Account older than 4 years.
- At least 100 posts made on the forum.
- Account holder over the age of 18.
- Active at least 1 hour a day for 4 days a week.

What do bot watchers do?
They can either flag the botters account and IP or kick them from the server.
The system will later ban any offenders flagged, and they can appeal for an unban if proven innocent.
However, appeal only works twice, third time is permanent ban.

Other games have done this and have been successful with little abuse.
This is a must! Just one bot running around for 10 hours each day can ruin the economy. From my today's experience in Rosal - a bot has been running around the Border of Feudala for at least 12 hours. 6 hours after I reported it (via twitter and direct message to mods) it was still there!
This whole current "reporting" system, where you have to make a decent effort with no outcome is an insult. Above all - we waste our time and the devs seem to care more about new content updates than fixing fundamentals.
0 0
Score : 241

Subscribing bots ... I'd definitely target those as a Mod. An account that has 'paid' for sub is well worth getting rid of. Then they have to subscribe another. Bonus.

Downside, they probably pay for the sub with Ogrines which is purchased with Kamas which they earn super fast.

There are some things I don't really get.

1. If bots are banned after an hour or month or whatever, what happened to the resources they gathered? Is there a trade log that can be looked at? I would assume that the kill/hunt-bots hunt until max inventory and then sit until time-out and log out. A new bot will come in and begin anew. The owner will eventually come along and trade all items to a single account, preparing for when the bots are banned.

Are you able to find out who the bots are trading too and track the 'fence' that is holding their horde?

FROM HERE ON, WOULDN'T BE VIABLE FOR EPIC SERVERS:

2. The random events thing, such as the scarecrow, when it first happened I thought it was a counter-bot measure. The events stay weak and easy to kill though. They also give a good boost to whatever you're gathering. I think they could be used as anti-bot measure if applied differently. Players may not like the change too much, but when hundreds of people all want to hit mining but don't because of the bots or because 90% of the mines are cleared whenever they visit, the change could be tolerated.

One way to change them could be to scale the level of the random events to a) Match the player level, b) require tactics to beat, c) grow in difficulty the more you successfully kill, d) change the drop, e) change how often they appear.

For C) I am a level 200 Cra with 200 Miner. I one-shot the random events and I absolutely love it when they appear because I am only aiming for the resources and don't care about the experience. So, if the random event was also level 200 and took me a while to kill, I wouldn't be as happy to see them. This would slow down bots when mining, farming, or whatever else. This would give time for players to hit the locations they are set on farming the moment they regenerate/re-spawn.

Additionally, if it were possible, I'd make it so the first random event is 'average' but after killing it, the next time it appears, it is stronger. And then stronger the third time, and fourth, and fifth and so on until it eventually kills you because it is too strong. This would seriously hamper the bots. Players wouldn't like it, but if it's possible to set up that system, I would assume its also possible to change the potential drops based on the difficulty of the random event that attacked. This could counter the negativity of the events appearing with the increased difficulty involved.

For D) The drop is a bag that gives 50 of the resource. Change the drop to an 'account limited scroll of 100 experience'. This would account for the experience they missed while killing the random event but the downside being that could potentially lose out on resources that someone else came to gather. This would be especially bad for my cra, but I would just use the scroll on one of my other characters. I wouldn't hate the loss too much. In addition, with it being account limited, I can't trade it for kamas—so for the bots, they would lose out on something to sell.

For E) The Random Events sometimes appear VERY frequently, while other times they don't appear for ages. I once caught a gudgeon and got the random event on the first catch, the next I caught was trout as that was next in the river, and I got another random event "Yay!" ... Then I fished Ediem Carp and got another... 3 in a ROW!

The random event should be, if possible, based on the profession, not the resource, which appears to be the case from my experience. So whether catching Gudgeon or Carp, the Turtle that appears would be the same. After all, it only gives exp scroll for fishing, not 50 fish of the resource involved. Based on experience gained per hour could increase or decrease the probability of getting the random event, as well as the level of difficulty involved with the random event. Downside being that exp scrolls could potentially generate a random event, which would be kind of funny happy

3) Hunter Bots tend to farm a specific area. I don't really know how to combat this, but seeing as bots tend to be 8 of a single class, you could start a 'Random Wild Boss' scenario to combat them.

For example:

*Attacks Wild Boar and Prespic Mob*
"You have been attacked by the Wild Boss — the Mataboar!"

Mataboar: Heavy state (cannot be pushed, pulled, swapped, etc). All enemy range reduced to 1. 50% resistance to Intelligence.

The Cra bots tend to all hit whatever targets in range with Magic Arrow. While some players will undoubtedly die to this Wild Boss, the bots will too. At the very least, they will waste time. The Mataboar can drop the same as a normal, single boar. The difference being that a hunter, with a hunting weapon, can get a 100% drop rate of a specific kind of meat limited to the boar. Most kill- bots don't have professions so its unlikely they will have 20+ hunter to get the only drop worth anything to players.

*Attacks Wild Boar and Prespic Mob*
"You have been attacked by the Wild Boss — Presposterous!"

Presposterous: Immune to knock-back damage. 50% resistance to Air.

"You have been attacked by the Wild Boss — L'arvagnion!"
> 50% resist to Strength. Immune to Poison.

Defeating a Wild Boss automatically dissolves your party as a last act of Malice/Vengeance.
(Don't actually know how much, if at all, that would effect a bot, Lol)

####

For Wild Bosses to be effective at all, they'd have to be frequent. I doubt it would be viable to use wild bosses as solo players will struggle and bots will probably still kill them just fine. Even if the bots die, they can just run back to farming so they won't actually lose anything except some time. It might even be more detrimental to the players than the bots.

My point is with this post: Most of the anti-bot campaign should be in the servers by the game itself. Events and activities that hamper Bots while adding 'content' for players. If a balance can be found with that, it would be worth implementing.

###

Another option:

Amakna has an anti-curse filter system. Apply the same thing to websites such as
> www
> .com
> .co
> .uk
...etc.

Bots can get around it, of course, and players will still want to share websites such as places to find guides for quests, so it won't actually filter out the website. It will have a different effect. You can make it so a window pops up saying: "Sharing websites is not advised. Are you sure you wish to continue?"

The person then clicks "Yes" or "No" — If the person clicks yes, then the message is sent and a timer starts. If the person is reported within 60 seconds for Phishing, then an automatic ban for 1 hour is applied. If the same person is banned for Phishing 3 times, a 1 day ban is automatically applied. 3 more times and a 1 week ban.

This report system would be limited to Private Messaging. Players can avoid the auto-report by posting in team/group/guild or wherever else. While bots would face the punishment. Websites should not be able to be called out in general or community chat either (if they can at all, I haven't checked) ... getting around the filter would result in ban, obviously, deterring players. Bots on the other hand would have to join party or group or other if they wanted to avoid the insta band or shouting in public channel where they can receive quick notice and quick bans from player-mods and other mods.

While not fool-proof, it is a tool that can be tried and tested and cause inconvenience for the bots while allowing a quick-fix solution for players against private-messaging bots.

Just various ideas ... how applicable any/most are I wouldn't even care to imagine. happy 

0 0
Score : 5459

How about a field boss system?
As we all know, bots like to farm certain areas repeatedly.
So if we introduced an idea like a field boss, it may throw them off.

The idea is to track how many kills they obtain and spawn a boss like a resource protector to throw them off.

For example, every 50 piwis they have a 25% chance of encountering a Rainbow Piwi boss.
It could have maybe 10X normal HP and 100% all res, requiring a mechanic to defeat it.
Upon defeat, it drops maybe 1-10 of each feather.

I know this may prove too difficult for some, but it’s just an example so don’t pick at my examples and look at the idea instead.
This could even make things more fun for players.

1 -1
Score : 121

Just like anything else this solves nothing. You can easily pull the information from a packet to see what monster you are fighting it would take a day for a talented programmer to work around this. Creating a method for fighting a field boss wouldn't be a thing either if you full timed it maybe a 3 day process. If it is in the same area and can be killed by that level of player no issues just have a quick check to see what is in the mobs. 

The total problem is that there is no real solution. You can even find a way to stop them for a week, and they can find a way around it. The only possible thing to stop botting would be to limit what a computer lets you view. Like a console (Ps4 Xbox) does. 

the server has to send the data to the client, which they can intercept.
Client > Clicks mob Is it here?
If Yes
Server > YEAH Begin Battle packet which includes what monsters are here, the levels resistances etc.
If no
Server > LAGGY FOOL HOW DARE YOU 

There really is no way that you don't need to send this information from the server, if it were handled from the client then you could tell the server whatever you wanted.

I am not trying to be mean here either I just want people to understand that it really is one of the most complicated things developers have to deal with. It is borderline impossible to find a real solution. I use borderline in case some insane genius comes up with some insane idea nobody saw coming.

P.S. As a novice programmer my friend was able to build a bot that ran Kwakwa and could swap the type of character running it. Iop/Cra/Enu could solo it. Getting around it would merely be about how valuable the amount of time lost to the bot is. They choose to make something simple, but could very easily bump up the intelligence.

0 0
Score : 159

After roaming around the F2P-area trying to get myself back into the game, I stumbled upon multiple bots. 
I tried to report them, but I didn't find an option in game to report a player, after me looking up how to report a player, it seems to me, that more time and effort is spent on my side than creating a new account. 
Why is there still no in game report option in the game with unpaid mods trying to solve the problem?
And with the player providing the evidence for a bannable offense.

In my eyes the process is not intuitive and inefficient.

I know the game is old and client and server improvements are made gradually, but it boggles my mind that this process is not automated. 

Bots and reporting players is an issue since game launch and I can't see any effort to shift the work from Mods and paying customers to an automated process.

Will botters evolve and beat the automated process? Probably.
Will players report more Bots? Hopefully.
At this time, I observed the current algorithm favors really short fights and splits all characters up, so you cannot screenshot multiple characters at once. Having to provide account information as well in the same screenshot and sending the picture to a Mod is a lot to ask.

I suggest an in game report function, which gathers the account information, time and date and activity of the character. 
It takes a lot of work off the player's shoulders and frees up time on the Mods side,
because the automated data gathering eliminates some human error.

After a report, the account gets flagged and more data like activity, input delay and online times are tracked. Using this more accurate data an algorithm, neural net or employee can make more informed decisions.
If an innocent account gets banned with this process, the customer has to go to customer support and they make the final decision. 

What does this idea entail?
More processing power and data storage is needed.
The infrastructure has to be created (programming/policies).
More workload on customer support, less on Mods and players.

I would love an in game report option and more countermeasures versus machine decision making.
I provided some suggestion and ideas how I would tackle the problem and would love to see some ideas and strategies implemented in Dofus.
I think it is unacceptable that topic is battled by Mods, and player provided screenshots rather than by the company.
Especially when the game creates revenue, which the company invests in new projects rather than trying to tackle known problems.
I don't know if this topic is handled differently in other products of Ankama, but the same principles apply to any product in my humble opinion.
Once the foundation is set, it is easy to implement similar policies and measures in other products too.

If a player wants to tackle a problem that is good for the economy and the health of the game, he should be given up-to date tools.

0 0
Respond to this thread