FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Base Character Colour Changing System

By RedStripe November 01, 2009, 18:23:53

You know how at the beggining of a character you select the base colours of your guy? Well, I was thinking that in 2.0 or just in an update, that there should be a clothes store and a haircutters store where you can get a different colour scheme and change the colour/style of your hair.

I'm always questioning my colour decisions and starting new characters because of that and it's always so annoying so I think it'd be nice if you could change this stuff in game without starting a new character. For a small few of kamas or something along those lines anyways.

laugh

0 0
Reactions 31
Score : 11630

Did you use search function before posting?

-xdark-osamodax

0 0
Score : 123

What do you mean?

0 0
Score : 11630
RedStripe|2009-11-01 18:49:00
What do you mean?

Around top right corner you can type in things to search and it will find topics that have something to do with the search. Color Changing idea (and questions) has been suggested way too many times. I've seen about 12-14 threads about them so once you try searching you should see that there are many color changing threads already.

-xdark-osamodax
0 0

alright, if so many people have suggested it, is it being considered as a serious idea?

0 0
Score : 3404

12-14 out of a few million isn't considered much. Besides Ankama's dev team doesn't read this section.

0 0

probably more then 12-14 people want this feature. theres nothing negative about it. and i can still hope for it

0 0
Score : 3840
RedStripe|2009-11-01 20:10:00
probably more then 12-14 people want this feature. theres nothing negative about it. and i can still hope for it

Yes you can, I am still hoping to win the 20 million dollar jackpot too ;x.

I don't want one myself as I like my green but I can see why this would be sweet, if not another kama sink...unless a new prof or an existing one made color changing potions then its not a kama sink..anyways doesn't matter its what Eot said :x
0 0

thats to bad that they dont care? i thought thats what this forum was for :s

0 0
Score : 3192

Ogrines will be used to change your character colours when they are implemented.

0 0
Score : 2721

Yes, Nikto is correct. Ogrines will be able to be redeemed for character color changes, character name changes, and possibly even server transfers - so I don't think it's quite fair to say the devs never listen to things that the players ask for.

Also, there are two events in the English community where you can obtain a temporary color change - pink for Valentine's day and green for St. Patricks.

-Wish

0 0
Score : 5878

I believe they're going to allow everyone a one-time color change for free when 2.0 is released as well, because of how the character coloring system is being changed.

0 0

That is the case. Because the 2.0 characters will have five selectable color areas on each character (and also because even the three original colors don't affect the same body parts as before), everyone's getting one free color reset per character when 2.0 goes live.

-DS-

Score : 9384
[MOD]Wish|2009-11-02 00:15:00

Yes, Nikto is correct. Ogrines will be able to be redeemed for character color changes, character name changes, and possibly even server transfers - so I don't think it's quite fair to say the devs never listen to things that the players ask for.

Probably more fair than ankama demanding real money for it.
0 0
Blazeron|2009-11-02 04:53:00
Probably more fair than ankama demanding real money for it.

As I understand it, Ogrines can be bought from other players for kamas. Color changes will cost 700 ogrines, which can be bought for seven days of subscription time. That's about $1.68 for people who buy subscriptions by the month. If that's the case, it'll be trivially easy for players to buy enough Ogrines to change their colors and never spend a dime of their real money.

Games like WoW often charge for extra services like server transfers, gender/color changes, etc and don't even attempt to offer a way for players to pay for them with in-game money, so to me this system seems much, much kinder to those without much cash. (Not to mention that WoW's color change service costs $15 each time)

I've seen systems similar to this work incredibly well on lots of games, especially since the things that can be bought with Ogrines don't make a character more powerful.

-Wish
0 0

So they can be traded ingame, huh? That's essentially legalizing kama buying. Buying ogrines with real money and then selling them for kamas. Looks like i know what i'll do with my remaining subscription time.

0 0
Score : 11255

In Tibia you can change colors at any time but a gender change costs I believe 7 days (could be 5) of your Premium time. Not so bad but I see players buying P2P codes from others then trading that for ogrines and selling the ogrines for more than they bought the p2p for.

0 0
Score : 3419

so i imagine orgines will be like a..... resource? item, that you can trade like a normal item, or buy/sell in a sellroom?

how will the swapping between characters work

0 0

That's what i was thinking. First they want to ban everyone that's buying or selling the codes, and then when there's a lot less money coming in because a lot of people aren't resubbing anymore, code buyers/sellers get supported to the point where they get the codes in form of items for easy trading without scamming, etc.
If it turns out to be like this, at least, but it pretty much looks that way. But hey, we'll see.

But what's bugging me the most is that the devs are doing their best to ignore the real issue at hand. Of course it would be much easier to just undo 1.27, but these guys would rather blame the economic crisis or bad karma before doing anything to their beloved, new PvP.

0 0
Blazeron|2009-11-02 13:18:00
That's what i was thinking. First they want to ban everyone that's buying or selling the codes, and then when there's a lot less money coming in because a lot of people aren't resubbing anymore, code buyers/sellers get supported to the point where they get the codes in form of items for easy trading without scamming, etc.
If it turns out to be like this, at least, but it pretty much looks that way. But hey, we'll see.

But what's bugging me the most is that the devs are doing their best to ignore the real issue at hand. Of course it would be much easier to just undo 1.27, but these guys would rather blame the economic crisis or bad karma before doing anything to their beloved, new PvP.

This system is actually aimed at eliminating bots by eliminating the need for their products. The Ogrine blog specifically states that the "cat and mouse" game of banning bots is ultimately not going to rid the game of kama sellers (a fact I've personally seen in action for years), so we all get to see if Capitalism can do the trick.

-Wish
0 0
Respond to this thread