FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

What about us that DON'T Like 2.0?

By haxlolhax June 22, 2010, 20:53:08
DevTracker
Reactions 70
Score : 580

I'm not having any memory leek issues. It's using slightly more memory than Firefox currently is. Memory leeks were fairly common during the beta so I think it's safe to assume that it's been fixed and the leek is your computer having an issue with Air

0 0
Score : 2476

I didn't like 2.0 since it was announced to come out. Seriously I did NOT!
I don't say I love it now. I knew about the problems that would come up.
But just as a matter of fact: a year before 2.0 came out everyone was "yay it's finally coming" an whatsoever..
I've already then announced some problems and when the poll arrived from Ankama what we like about it and what not and our thought, I've written there following: "I don't like it, we all will need better requirements, which will cause problems to some players and some will be forced to quit because they won't be able to run the game. The graphic is nice, but graphic isn't everything in a game."

I've told many of my friends about the problems. They were waiting for it so anxiously and I said to them "have you ever thought about your PC? You hardly run 2 accs now, later you might not even 1" and I was right. They started to doubt in 2.0 and fear the changes.
The new animation and graphic is nice, but it lags for me. As I've already stated, "being shiny" doesn't mean being the best
I will keep playing anyway. Even if I have lags from time to time. Even if it manages to freeze one of my accs. I play for my friends. And I enjoy playing it, that's all that counts for me.

0 0
Score : 2804

I don´t feel any requirements changes. The thing is, I have a milion dolar CPU, so that might be the right weapon against those lags imo :-)

0 0

Some computers will require more extensive troubleshooting to work properly with Adobe Air. There are some hardware and software configurations that conflict with Air that can cause slowdowns. We are planning further updates to help ameliorate these uncommon problems.

Ankama as a company realizes that not all customers may like or enjoy 2.0. We have not stopped working on ways to improve the game, technical and graphical. However, going back to 1.29 will never be possible. Migrating to 2.0 has already made it possible for our development team to vastly increase the speed of their updates, of bug-fixes, and of content creation.

2.0 is the future of the game. Without it, Dofus will never see another update. But we are continuing to work to make this new version the best possible experience for the majority of our playerbase.

Score : 1436

Just to nip this 'have the system specs changed or not?' debate in the bud, here's what Cedric Gerard, Ankama's International Marketing Director had to say about it in an interview with Ten Ton Hammer:

Ten Ton Hammer: Have the minimum system requirements changed for DOFUS with the 2.0 graphics update?

Cedric: Because we are using recent technology and detailed graphics, the system requirements have changed slightly, but are still very reasonable in comparison with other MMOs. The client size is still reasonably low: less than 400 megs to download.

CPU: Intel Pentium® IV 1.3 GHz / AMD Athlon™ XP 1500+
Memory: 512 MB of RAM (1 GB for Mac, Vista and Windows 7)
Free HD space: 800 MB

Compared to Dofus 1's system requirements:
CPU: Pentium III 1 GHz
RAM: 256 Mb
Free HD space: 250 MB

They might have changed since then but it's the only available evidence so far.
0 0
Score : 742

~~ I meet the minimum requirements... However, the game is very slow after 30 minutes of playing... ~~

~ Zen-Akhna ~

0 0
Score : 11143
Zen-Akhna|2010-06-23 00:12:00
~~ I meet the minimum requirements... However, the game is very slow after 30 minutes of playing... ~~

~ Zen-Akhna ~

Turn off the uploader. Yes you willlose the sound but it's the main sourse of memory leaks. At least it will help until they fix them :/
0 0
Score : 742

~~ I turned off the uploader... As well as ALMOST every other proccess in Task Manager. It's not helping. ~~

~ Zen-Akhna ~

0 0
Score : 11143

ok I found it

Mentor-LXVIII|2010-06-20 16:29:00
There isn't a way to prevent memory leaks. You can make the program more memory efficient which can help manage the extent to which they happen, but you can't prevent them. A lot of things can cause memory leaks including overheated computers which cause hardware to work inefficiently and in WCS even dusty computers can affect the performance. Having too many programs running causes memory that is going back and forth between the programs can cause leaks, it just happens. When you have a lot more memory in your computer via more RAM sticks, it is a lot less noticeable. In order to fix memory leaks, you just need to restart the program. I'm not saying your computer has a problem per sé, because even the most powerful computer has memory leaks, that's why it's recommended you don't let your computer run too long without restarting it. Not only does restarting it apply any updates that are waiting in your computer's update queue, it resets all of the computer's memory. I know that if I let my computer run too long, my computer which on any given time takes 23%-38% of it's system resources while Idling ends up sticking around 70% and at one point it was even at 95%, which then nothing could run effectively and I had to restart it which brought it back into the 23%-38% range.

Best of luck,
-Mentor 68

0 0
Score : -321

Try to clear cache (complete clear), I lagged a bit last night playing on 5 account. Then I learned that if I push up for old messages, messages from my time playing on Zatoishwan pops up. I cleared all my cache files and my performance drastically improve on 5 accounts. Zatoishwan cache must have clogged my cached files. Try it, it worked on me.

0 0
Score : 365

they don't give a **** if you liked or not
neither I
I liked and I will keep playing
I don't care about a game's graphics
I care about the game itself

0 0
Score : 1436
XehanordHeartless|2010-06-23 01:32:00
ok I found it

That information on memory leaks is almost entirely incorrect, please don't quote it.
0 0
Score : 580

Clearing the cache significantly sped up the game for my this morning and a reset every couple of hours has kept it running smoothly everywhere even though I have not experienced any memory leek issues. Sound issues were solved by restarting my PC and leaving the Launcher open of course. So far I've had a pretty flawless experience. I'd like a couple of graphical areas to be changed but all I can do is hope Ankama decides my ideas are worthy of implementing.

0 0
Score : 1757

Guess it also depend on which server is the game receiving the game data (not in game servers, like rushu, Jiva, etc.) and how far you live or play from the location of the server. So like playing while the game gather data from a EU server while in the middle of vacation off somewhere in thailand or something would be slower than playing it as if you were in central europe.

@VoidofSouls Fruitless Attempt. Honestly the forum is made for posting, and saying the same thing another thread has said isn't really spamming. People only see it as spam because they are impatient themselves or simply cannot sympathize with those that wish to complain. Indeed the game and all is rated PG +12, but nobody can really expect absolute maturity and tidiness in the forums. I suppose I can say I understand you, but it just so happens not everyone can be so much bothered as to search for a place to post and think before posting as some around us. Even I get lazy some time, it's no biggy.
Guess we'll leave the sorting to the Forum MODs afterall that's what they volunteered for anyway. With power to adjust the state of the forums, comes responsibility of keeping it in good shape.

0 0
Score : 1905
haxlolhax|2010-06-22 20:53:00
I mean i can't be the only one? I thought 1.29 was an excellent game but this update has ruined it all!

Ain't there at some point gunna be a place where you can play 1.29 again? Just asking cause one of my best friends in-game has already quitted cause of this. I'm about to quit. I do respect Ankamas hard work, but they are gunna notice that there missing about 50$ every year from me!

Yeah poor Ankama 50 bucks a year! Man! Are they going to get poor or what?

Just quit alredy, complaining ain't going to help. No Ankama staff member will come by and say: "Let's make Dofus go back to 1.29 or make some really complicated reprogramming so that 11 people on the forums that complain can play again, Duh!"

Here's the options

1. Play like everyone else, it's perfectly possible for you comlainers to play the game.

2. Don't play.
0 0
Score : 1414

Ur not gonna get anywhere by whining and crying , wanting 1.29 back . Try to understand instead of whining. U will get used to it in few days.

~Dunno~

0 0
Score : 1862
tayathesummoner|2010-06-22 17:03:00
Yeah what about those who didn't like 1.26 or 1.28!
Just ST*U.
This really makes me mad. You think that everything you wish for will come true? Either keep playing it or stop.
Nobody, really nobody is asking you if you hate it or like it, if you'll still play or not. All goes around money.
Games are made for profit, it's the only reason. With the 2.0 update it will attract new players.
If you don't like it, your loss.
Of course it s**ks if you can't play 'cuz of your PC being bad, that's another story and I feel bad for those. I don't have a super powerful PC either and it doesn't meet all the requirements, but I keep everything on Low quality and I hardly play 2 accs and have Windows Media player open. Of course the worse thing is for those who can't even run it. I pray for you to get new PCs.

You say "you think that everything you wish for will come true?"
Look at nerfing why does it happen because people wish for it too happen and complain on forums of overpowered this overpowered that. If thousands of people complain they will listen. Look at the fact that they now have changed dragoturkeys and other things because people cried about 2.0.
If they start loosing money trust me they will think about this mainly because they need money to keep this game running.
Also I do not care if they update more I still will play just saying they will probaly bring more of the old dofus back if people keep complaining and quitting.
0 0
Score : 5815
bananamonkey|2010-06-23 21:43:00
You say "you think that everything you wish for will come true?"
Look at nerfing why does it happen because people wish for it too happen and complain on forums of overpowered this overpowered that.False Look at the fact that they now have changed dragoturkeys and other things because people cried about 2.0. True
If they start loosing money trust me they will think about this mainly because they need money to keep this game running.
Also I do not care if they update more I still will play just saying they will probaly bring more of the old dofus back if people keep complaining and quitting. They won't host their servers on the 1.29 client, that's for sure.

0 0
Score : 1862

Capwi you made my day lol.
thank you

0 0
Score : 1412

I really don't understand all the complaints..... As soon as it was up, I made some characters on Zato (my main server is Rosal). I eventually let my subs lapse because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to run 2.0 reliably. The reasons why, well:

1) I am running ubuntu linux, and couldn't get the installer to work. For some time the workaround required me to be copying game files from a working windows install. This got real inconvenient since it had to be recopied every time there was an update.

2) For a while the sprites didn't integrate correctly with the background or something and there would be a flickering green rectangle around every character/mob that moved. That was a bit painful to look at....

3) Eventually the installer was improved and would work for me, but then the client would load to around 70% and crash. The only time it would start reliably was right after starting my comp (otherwise could take 5-6 tries to successfully load).

BUT...

The 2.0 client has come a long way since it was first released. Everything seems to move smoothly in the environment, and it loads every time. So now I am thinking of resubbing at least my main account. I just have to get used to the new interface (and all the fluffy hearts when I heal someone as an eni).

All of us have had the chance to run 2.0, get used to it (or not), and watch it progress. It isn't ankama's fault if some of us didn't bother.

Edit: The point I was trying to make is: There is really no reason for anyone to be blindsided by the change (either for testing performance on your box, or how the client looks/works).

0 0
Respond to this thread