FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Crit fail end turn

By Pankaiks - SUBSCRIBER - July 28, 2010, 02:18:02

I'm keeping this short, but really, is there a need to have a critical failure with a weapon end my turn? I've already lost damage.

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 1942

U might not like c/f passing you're turn But! someday u might be in some hard to beat mob with only 10 hp left , and while you're starting to say you're prayers the monster c/f's and u kill it preventing you to die from that mob smile

0 0
Score : 1146

Well, the thing is, it only does it with my hammer =/

0 0
Score : 1942

try getting an turq dofus or maybe mage some extra + crit on an item to lower the chance of u getting c/f

0 0
Score : 263
hetslimsteteamindewereldvando|2010-07-28 03:10:00
try getting an turq dofus or maybe mage some extra + crit on an item to lower the chance of u getting c/f

i don't think it work that way. + crit only help give more chance u get critical hit not critical fail. so - critical fail will help decrease the chance of critical fail.
0 0
Score : 1521

Sure, it's infuriating to pass my turn after I fail with muh wep, but it's a part of the game many take for granted. I don't really see any reason why it needs to be removed.

0 0
Stykuvv|2010-07-28 04:33:00
Sure, it's infuriating to pass my turn after I fail with muh wep, but it's a part of the game many take for granted. I don't really see any reason why it needs to be removed.

I frequently fail challenges such as exuberent, limpwrit, two for one, etc, etc. I also crit fail more than i crit, which i have 1/20 crits atm, as opposed to the "1/100" crit fail chance, it only really happens with my hammer too. It's not really a feature that should be there as I'm already losing 200+ points of damage to multiple enemies.
0 0
Score : 1521

About you failing more than you crit, that's just bad luck. Removing the wep crit fail ends turn rule is something that you want so that you can do more dmg & get more xp, not something that we really need which is why it's a bad idea.

0 0

Well of course, we don't really need anything do we. I don't need to get to level 200, but I certainly want to, doesn't mean it is a bad idea because it's something I want.

0 0
Score : 374

I find it annoying as well. (Particularly when it's a rare occasion and I have 12-16AP in a big group. I can't wait to hit tons of times with my weapon and then... first weapon hit, turn over..sad )

That's why overall if I'm only using my weapon once (or however many times depending on AP) per turn, I try to do all my spells first, so that way if my weapon fails, the turn wasn't a complete loss.

I don't think they'll change it, but I agree it would be nice.

0 0
Score : 1515

They specifically kept fatal (that is, ends turn) cfs on weapons back during the Great Weapon Nerf of... what, a year ago? Two? Back then, Weapon Skill granted a larger buff, never wore off (which sucked if you were unbewitched, but otherwise was great), and was not the only thing that caused a fatal cf - many spells did, too!

I am pretty certain they are firm in keeping melee cfs fatal so as to help balance out weapon vs spell usage. As it is, unless there is a particular strategic use (ie cra's lashing for -MP, or celestial sword for wide AoE) to a spell, people still tend to favor melee over spell damage. As long as that is the case, I do not think they will buff weapon use.

0 0
Score : 5815
Aetnaria|2010-07-29 10:52:00
They specifically kept fatal (that is, ends turn) cfs on weapons back during the Great Weapon Nerf of... what, a year ago? Two? Back then, Weapon Skill granted a larger buff, never wore off (which sucked if you were unbewitched, but otherwise was great), and was not the only thing that caused a fatal cf - many spells did, too!

I am pretty certain they are firm in keeping melee cfs fatal so as to help balance out weapon vs spell usage. As it is, unless there is a particular strategic use (ie cra's lashing for -MP, or celestial sword for wide AoE) to a spell, people still tend to favor melee over spell damage. As long as that is the case, I do not think they will buff weapon use.

Basically this.
0 0
Respond to this thread