Browse forums
Score : 1902

More Themes?

By Raikenor July 31, 2010, 05:50:00
Devtracker
Instead of the usual Black and Beige..
First Ankama intervention
greekg|2012-02-04 20:53:41
Guys. Adding one more colours is like 10 lines of code since they already have the other ones handy. ctrl v change a few lines. done!\

To give a little perspective, new themes aren't simply color changes. They also require new versions of all of the UI buttons to be created. This means testing every single interface in the game multiple times to make sure that nothing will be broken by these new images and colors.

The developers have said in the past that they do not plan to create many more new themes, but they hope to be able to make it possible for players to create their own themes when they release the third-party plugin system, which is still in beta.
See message in context
Reactions 23
Score : 1010
I agree on that one. I prefer the black over the beige, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to see other themes. Green perhaps, or purple... Red, pink, silver, blue. Those would be so pretty. biggrin
Score : 3816
New themes would be nice, I already have a few ideas in my head
Score : 1315
In my opinion there is no point of this. Making an entire update and installing it onto everybody's options list just for a color of your interface. I say No to the idea, even though it would be nice.

~Random
Score : 2432
Give players a customizable option, on top of the 2 premade ones.
Score : 3889
This game is constantly being updated. Im not a programmer so the extra work they have to do doesn't bother me. I say make some more themes or give a custom color option and throw it in with another update when you are fixing other things.

I like idea.
Score : 10697
Priz|2010-08-01 06:10:00
This game is constantly being updated. Im not a programmer so the extra work they have to do doesn't bother me. I say make some more themes or give a custom color option and throw it in with another update when you are fixing other things.

I like idea.

agree with both, just make costumable and throw it in with another update
Score : 2946
Rumor has it that there's an Ice blue theme coming next winter.

Just a rumor, and I don't believe it.
Score : 788
this would be great, or maybe even themes like "snow theme" or "summer theme" "noob theme" or stuff like that...
Signed smile
Score : 45
GoldfishGod|2010-08-01 02:08:00
Give players a customizable option, on top of the 2 premade ones.

Agree on that one.
Some others said, throw it in with another update and their right.
I won't say they have to make a whole new update, especially for the themes.
But I would like to see a custom theme option though,
they can make as many themes as they like but there always is someone to complain.
So make it customisable and everyone can change it to his/her personal wishes.
Score : 3880
Guys. Adding one more colours is like 10 lines of code since they already have the other ones handy. ctrl v change a few lines. done!\

PS: I know its an old thread, i still like it anyways and it still has not been added.
Score : 8269
I have made a same too ^^ I support this idea too! Bored with my blacky theme tongue

~Greenubuntu~
Score : 889
Greenubuntu, and Greekg don't necropost a thread that's around 2 years old. +1 to this idea anyway.
BlazingFireSkull|2012-02-05 00:00:46
Greenubuntu, and Greekg don't necropost a thread that's around 2 years old. +1 to this idea anyway.
Blazing fireskull. Necroing threads is ok if they are still relevant today.

To give a little perspective, new themes aren't simply color changes. They also require new versions of all of the UI buttons to be created. This means testing every single interface in the game multiple times to make sure that nothing will be broken by these new images and colors.

The developers have said in the past that they do not plan to create many more new themes, but they hope to be able to make it possible for players to create their own themes when they release the third-party plugin system, which is still in beta.
Score : 4430
Izmar|2012-02-05 09:15:21
but they hope to be able to make it possible for players to create their own themes when they release the third-party plugin system, which is still in beta.
any chance you could poke the necessary people for a more informative update on this? would be nice to see what progress has been made since it was announced.
Izmar|2012-02-05 09:15:21

Can you explain to me since they have previous themes working, and the code is the same, why they would need to retest it all?
Score : 4430
they'd need to make sure file hierarchy for the themes are properly working, as well as that the function calls are as well. they wouldnt want someone to find out that opening your inventory shoves the map into it instead.
Score : 8
This always bother me, maybe they should do something maybe themes in any major update or any festival, cuz this could make the game more attractive..

Raikenor|2010-07-31 05:50:00
Instead of the usual Black and Beige
YOU are right

Score : 3
ye it would be nice
Respond to this thread