FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Why Ankama. Why.

By Pankaiks - SUBSCRIBER - January 02, 2011, 05:34:37

Why would you put extremely hard monsters in low-level areas. That aggro? It's kind of hard to do dopples when i get aggroed by a mob with bearbarians, pirates, and pingwins in it. Why can't there be more fun events.

0 0
Reactions 18
Score : 583

To be perfectly honest...

I think that this event is the dumbest thing that Ankama could do. On numerous reasons:

1 - Lowbies running around these areas. They get aggro by a 440 group of pirates that could kill 'em in one hit. Good job.
2 - With all the kama bots running around, this is just more fuel for their fire. "Hey! Instead 100+ Cra Bots running around killing piwis, let's give 'em more xp and better drops!" Smooth. Real smooth.
3 - Oh yea, I forgot to mention the idiots that are exploiting said kama bots. All the guilds that LOVE to put Percs on maps that bots routinely kill on? You're just as bad as the bots themselves. Play right or don't play at all.

/endrant

0 0
Score : 3951

It was a nice idea, and considering how few fun little events like this we get these days, I am appreciative of the thought. They should have figured a way to remove the aggression from the mobs spawning in the village but hidnsight is 20:20.

As to the kama bots, well considering the typically low level of said bots I would imagine that many of the Kwismas Island mobs in astrub would kill them. And if there are any P2P bots in the village for some reason the frigost mobs there would slaughter them.

0 0
Score : 3242
Nepaethe|2011-01-02 07:55:00
To be perfectly honest...

I think that this event is the dumbest thing that Ankama could do. On numerous reasons:

1 - Lowbies running around these areas. They get aggro by a 440 group of pirates that could kill 'em in one hit. Good job.
2 - With all the kama bots running around, this is just more fuel for their fire. "Hey! Instead 100+ Cra Bots running around killing piwis, let's give 'em more xp and better drops!" Smooth. Real smooth.
3 - Oh yea, I forgot to mention the idiots that are exploiting said kama bots. All the guilds that LOVE to put Percs on maps that bots routinely kill on? You're just as bad as the bots themselves. Play right or don't play at all.

/endrant

1 - True.

2&3 - No, there ARE no 100 + bots that I know of, and even if there were they couldn't kill those mobs. They take actual strategy to kill.
0 0
Score : 4480
HCMongoose|2011-01-02 10:47:00
No, there ARE no 100 + bots that I know of

he was referring to quantity, not quality.
0 0
Score : 583
talith|2011-01-02 13:39:00
he was referring to quantity, not quality.

Gold star to talith.
0 0
Score : 5242

Either way, the bots will just get killed.

0 0
Nepaethe|2011-01-02 10:23:00
Gold star to talith.

meh, even teh bots would go insane trying to level to 100 off f2p mobs
0 0
Score : 2290

I haven't seen the bots fighting the kwismas mobs, and I really like the kwismas mobs in astrub. Much more convenient that going to the island and f2p people can have some fun. And as for the big mobs in ankama, they arent on that many screens, just go around them. I like this "event". We need more events and cool things to keep the game interesting.

0 0
Score : 726

I want Wabbits in Astrub again! >:c

0 0
Score : 7476
leatherguy|2011-01-02 10:37:00
I haven't seen the bots fighting the kwismas mobs, and I really like the kwismas mobs in astrub. Much more convenient that going to the island and f2p people can have some fun. And as for the big mobs in ankama, they arent on that many screens, just go around them. I like this "event". We need more events and cool things to keep the game interesting.

Agreed. I had a great time in astrub today with some f2p friends. Higher level subscribers dont usually get to fight with f2p players very often and get exp while doing it.
0 0
Score : 11665
leatherguy|2011-01-02 07:37:00

I don't remember any non-subscribers being able to fight Kwismas mobs last year but this year you got to see what Kwismas Island would be like if you did subscribe.
0 0
Score : 4090

It'll be over soon, don't worry.

0 0
Score : 2987

It was Just an Event for fun tongue

0 0
Score : 283
thisgameizfun|2011-01-04 20:17:00
I don't remember any non-subscribers being able to fight Kwismas mobs last year but this year you got to see what Kwismas Island would be like if you did subscribe.

Yet another ploy to get the f2p community to subscribe? Way to go Dofus. Way to go.
0 0
Score : 726

hey, i don't see anything wrong with that. :c

0 0
Score : 3951
Awcurzon|2011-01-06 07:37:00
Yet another ploy to get the f2p community to subscribe? Way to go Dofus. Way to go.

They are a business after all. Their goal is to take as much of your money as possible. Same as every other business in the world. You are basically shaming them for trying to be succesful in their jobs. Why must so many f2ps be so ingrateful? There are plenty of P2P games that don't offer unlimited f2p memberships. It truly befuddles me.

If you won $10,000 dollars in the lottery would you be pissed that was it wasn't $10,000,000 or just happy to have won?
0 0
Score : 7868
Awcurzon|2011-01-06 15:37:00

I do believe that "ploy" is called marketing and is standard in any business as marketing is needed for any company to survive.
0 0
Priz|2011-01-07 10:40:00
If you won $10,000 dollars in the lottery would you be pissed that was it wasn't $10,000,000 or just happy to have won?

yes to both, but thats just me personally.
0 0
Respond to this thread