FR EN DE ES IT PT
Naviguer dans les forums 
Trackers Ankama

[EN] The game rules of the Heroic Serveur

Par [XyaLe] - COMMUNITY MANAGER - 05 Juin 2014 - 11:00:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker
Première intervention Ankama

[html]

Oto Mustam · Operation and characteristics

You who are here, in the hostile land of Oto-Mustam, you know.
Only one false step, and it will cost you.
And your life will be the coin with which you pay...


The « final » death

Essence of Oto-Mustam, this is what will make you shiver with every step you make, every map as you pass through, each level as you advance.

Lose a battle against players or monsters, and it's your character you lose: all of its experience points (the character will go back to level 1) all inventory and equipment that you had at that time (excluding the contents of your bank), their profession levels, their Quests and their Achievements... Everything. Welcome to the Heroic Server.


The Experience & The Loot

If the risk is everywhere, Oto-Mustam is not ungrateful for all that. To raise his disciples to the top, he is ready to offer some… encouragement, shall we say.

To help you progress on the server, experience rates, drop rates and profession experience are automatically multiplied by 3 compared to a “classic” server.

After death, the experience rates and profession experience for a character who is restarted from level 1 are doubled (bringing the total multiplier to x6) until that character returns to the highest level they ever reached in game.


The Looting of Tomb

Not ungrateful, but still bloodthirsty, he knows that greed is a great factor of persuasion ...

In death, all your accumulated wealth is lost. But not for everyone ...

Die against a group of monsters and your equipment as well as the contents of your inventory will have a 75% probability of being retained and distributed randomly on monsters belonging to the area of ​​the winning group (this probability is calculated for each item individually). They can be recovered by any other character who wins the fight against the group who has your items.

Die against other characters and they will win your equipment as well as the contents of your inventory, due to that same 75% probability. Furthermore, your opponents will receive a cozy reward equalling 25% of your total accumulated experience.


“Why me?!” he said.
The ignorant fool.
His life does not matter. But his possessions ...


If these features create the richness and value of Oto-Mustam, they can also, unfortunately, push the less conscientious players to develop guile to cheat and harm the gaming experience for other players.

To prevent and control these unacceptable "anti-heroic" actions, specific and severe rules, in addition to general rules, are necessary and all points mentioned below are therefore strictly prohibited. Note that a breach of those rules exposes you to sanctions of varying degrees depending on the severity of your actions, up to and including a permanent ban of your accounts.
[/html]
Voir le message dans son contexte
Réactions 6

[html]

Oto Mustam · Operation and characteristics

You who are here, in the hostile land of Oto-Mustam, you know.
Only one false step, and it will cost you.
And your life will be the coin with which you pay...


The « final » death

Essence of Oto-Mustam, this is what will make you shiver with every step you make, every map as you pass through, each level as you advance.

Lose a battle against players or monsters, and it's your character you lose: all of its experience points (the character will go back to level 1) all inventory and equipment that you had at that time (excluding the contents of your bank), their profession levels, their Quests and their Achievements... Everything. Welcome to the Heroic Server.


The Experience & The Loot

If the risk is everywhere, Oto-Mustam is not ungrateful for all that. To raise his disciples to the top, he is ready to offer some… encouragement, shall we say.

To help you progress on the server, experience rates, drop rates and profession experience are automatically multiplied by 3 compared to a “classic” server.

After death, the experience rates and profession experience for a character who is restarted from level 1 are doubled (bringing the total multiplier to x6) until that character returns to the highest level they ever reached in game.


The Looting of Tomb

Not ungrateful, but still bloodthirsty, he knows that greed is a great factor of persuasion ...

In death, all your accumulated wealth is lost. But not for everyone ...

Die against a group of monsters and your equipment as well as the contents of your inventory will have a 75% probability of being retained and distributed randomly on monsters belonging to the area of ​​the winning group (this probability is calculated for each item individually). They can be recovered by any other character who wins the fight against the group who has your items.

Die against other characters and they will win your equipment as well as the contents of your inventory, due to that same 75% probability. Furthermore, your opponents will receive a cozy reward equalling 25% of your total accumulated experience.


“Why me?!” he said.
The ignorant fool.
His life does not matter. But his possessions ...


If these features create the richness and value of Oto-Mustam, they can also, unfortunately, push the less conscientious players to develop guile to cheat and harm the gaming experience for other players.

To prevent and control these unacceptable "anti-heroic" actions, specific and severe rules, in addition to general rules, are necessary and all points mentioned below are therefore strictly prohibited. Note that a breach of those rules exposes you to sanctions of varying degrees depending on the severity of your actions, up to and including a permanent ban of your accounts.
[/html]

[html]

Rules · « Multi-accounts » in PvP

Unlike traditional servers where the use of multiple accounts may go unnoticed, this practice constitutes a decisive advantage in PvP combat on the Heroic Server. Since death is final, multi-accounting players have significant (if not insurmountable) advantages in PvP compared to a single player account. For this reason, this practice is strictly prohibited.

PvP battles include attack or defense of Prisms and Collectors, as well as direct attacks between characters. All fights between two players of different alliance (excluding challenges) are affected by this ban.

Be aware that the use of multi-accounting in PvP is not limited to having two characters in the same battle. It is also forbidden to use a second character to separate or distract a group of enemies and build an advantage for the fight ahead.


Examples include (but are not limited to)
Two characters belonging to the same player or sharing the same IP address that take part in the same PvP fight.

A player with a character in a PvP fight has another of their characters on the same map.

A player logs one of their characters in order to commit suicide against another of their characters.

A player places a character in one of the last rooms of a dungeon for to watch the other players and be ready to attack them with the main character at the end of their fight at the exit of the dungeon.

A player starts a fight with one character against a prism of conquest in order to isolate their opponent by preventing their alliance the ability to teleport to his aid, and then assaults their target with another character.
In addition to a sanction imposed on the account similar to that applied in all cases of violation of rules - in the context of using multiple accounts in PvP combat, all characters involved in this type of cheating will be erased, including their equipment and inventory.


Points to clarify
Loaning, sharing, trading, or selling accounts is absolutely prohibited..
A player who shares his accounts in order to participate in the same assault is in breach of the Heroic server rules. All accounts used are likely to receive a penalty for multi-account in PvP combat.

Multi-accounting in PvP on an identical IP is prohibited.
Two members of the same family or friends playing from the same location, each with an account and playing on the same IP, may not participate in PvP combat simultaneously.

Multi-accounting in KotH.
Connecting two characters simultaneously in a single vulnerable area is prohibited. If two characters from the same IP are already connected when the area becomes vulnerable, the lowest level of the two will be automatically disconnected. If the characters are in fight, the disconnection will take place at the end of that fight. If the characters are the same level, the disconnection will happen to the character connected via the second client instance of the game.

Blocking prism teleportation.
Attacking a prism in order to block teleportation of an enemy Alliance and prevent members from joining a PvP combat is allowed if the character who attacks the prism belongs to a different player, cooperating with the attacker. The prohibition relates only to the multi-account aspect of the process.

Multi-accounting in multiple areas.
Simultaneously possessing several characters in PvP combat in different conquest areas is tolerated.
[/html] 

[html]

Rules · Anti-gaming behavior

We consider it to be against the spirit of the game when a player deliberately takes advantage of a flaw in the game to harm other players.


Examples include (but are not limited to)
Using a kamikaze character to start a fight against a group of monsters, being temporarily joined by the characters of other complicit players to attract a victim, kicking the characters in one’s group from the fight and letting the victim die alone in order to recover their equipment.

Using a kamikaze character to attack several characters in the same group and keeping them seperated from each other while other more experienced, equipped characters belonging to complicit players attack one of the victims.

Joining a fight and attacking characters in one’s own group.

Joining a fight with kamikaze characters to stop the victim’s allies from joining due to lack of space.

Use of multiple characters on multiple accounts simultaneously connected on the same map, use of excessive fairyworks, queueing resources on the entire map or performing any other mass manipulation to deliberately generate latency among players on this map.

Transfering a Guild to another Alliance during a preceptor attack in order be joined by other players rather than the original Alliance in order to bluff the opposing team.

Deliberately skipping game turns in order to cancel a fight that seems lost in order to reach the limit of 666 turns.

Using an accomplice’s character to start an aggression or challenge in order to protect oneself from real aggression.


Points to clarify
The functionality "P".
Issues related to the visibility of a nickname for a character placed at the upper right corner of a map are being no longer valid, as this function makes it impossible to use this corner to effectively hide. Therefore this behavior is no longer considered anti-gaming. More generally, if a player’s attempts at concealment does not prevent aggression due the "P" function (which displays the name and location of all characters on the map when active), it is not considered anti-gaming behavior.

The treason.
It's important not to confuse "treason" and "anti-gaming". Treason is quite permissible if done according to the rules of the HS.
Examples of approved situations (non exhaustive list):
A player prompts another player to go to his house to evict him and attack him.
A player expels a member of his Alliance in order to attack him.
[/html]

[html]

Rules · Exploitation of vulnerabilities

This rule applies to all servers, but we feel we should stress them:

Sometimes after a modification of the game, unforeseen side effects occur in the game and create loopholes. We consider it wrong to misuse such an unforeseen side effect to generate a profit for oneself or harm the experience of other game players.

Some faults are more complex and may persist longer on the server. Obviously, just because they are not immediately corrected it doesn't mean you are allowed to abuse it. We are counting on the good sense of the players.


Examples include (but are not limited to)
Starting a fight just before a server is taken offline for weekly maintenance in order to duplicate equipment when the server reboots.

Grouping with other players and attacking an isolated character on a map where the combat sword icon appear to prevent the target from being reached.

The penalties for exploiting loopholes in DOFUS are among the toughest, and players are rarely given a second chance.
[/html]

[html]

Rules · Various

Changing the DOFUS client
Any modification of the DOFUS client whatsoever, is strictly prohibited. No files should be modified or deleted. If an anomaly is detected on the client for a user account, suspension may be applied.

Trade in « suicide »
We talk about trade in "suicide" in the case of a player who voluntarily lets his character die in combat against another player to exchange Kamas, either for the purpose of gambling, or with the intent of trading real property.

Given the nature of the server, this practice is fraught with abuse and is therefore strictly prohibited. Advertising and announcements related to "suicide trade" are also prohibited.

Complicity in cheating
Helping a player to commit an act of cheating, is considered participate in cheating by the complicite player. Leaders of a Guild or Alliance who deliberately accept the fraudulent acts of their members are also accomplices to their members’ cheating. In this case, they are as much at fault as the perpetrator and therefore, they are susceptible to the same penalties.

In the case of questionable activities of Guild or Alliance as a whole, in addition to penalties applicable to individual accounts, we reserve the right to remove the entire organization.
[/html] 

[html]

Reporting

Work In Progress
[/html]